Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 12:35 PM

2,007 posts, read 6,830,289 times

Advertisements

Parents just moved there and Iwas wondering if it is a good place for me too. I used to live in Vernal in the late 1970's. But never made it to Helper to look around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2007, 02:35 PM

1,125 posts, read 3,524,350 times
Hey, come on in; the water's fine. We are renting while we build our home in Price, which is next door to the south. If you want a much less frenetic lifestyle, then Helper, Price, or Emeryville will suit you.

Employment is problematic. Most folks either work in government or energy, and I read where they laid off a number of mine workers last month.

Old 02-07-2007, 10:53 PM

1,125 posts, read 3,524,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petieINzion View Post
Y in the world would anybody move to Helper? The place absolutely SUCKS!!!
Oh, puleeeeeeze tell me there are a lot more people out there that feel the same way as you. It means all the more for me.

Old 06-06-2011, 09:09 AM

1 posts, read 1,576 times
Moved to Helper, Utah in December. Love it. The weather is seasonal. They have a city pool, thats new and very nice. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. There are 4wheel trails every were. The wild life is great. I see deer every day. There are lakes within driving distance. Colorado is only 6-7 hours away driving. And so is Las Vegas. Salt Lake a couple of hours away. Great quite life living.
No traffic.

Old 06-06-2011, 09:30 AM

25,719 posts, read 18,788,778 times
Helper/Price/surrounding is one of the few areas of Utah that I would actually consider living in the long term. It's so refreshing down there. I often go on weekends just to get out of the Wasatch Front area. There is no mess or overpopulation. It's fairly pretty for a desert region. The average summer temps are slightly cooler in Price/Helper. Large enough to have all the services needed, yet as I said, not a complete disaster as the Wasatch front has become.

Old 06-07-2011, 11:26 AM

3,260 posts, read 6,758,372 times
Indeed in my travels I always found Helper/Price to be a rather pleasant place to be. As you say the pace is slower, which is welcome to me. Seems like there wouldn't be a air quality issue either. I imagine the water sources there exist as well. You're not next door to the mayhem of the Wasatch Front so that too has it's perks. As long as you are semi or retired I'd imagine it to be a pretty nice spot.

Old 06-08-2011, 11:19 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,211,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Helper/Price/surrounding is one of the few areas of Utah that I would actually consider living in the long term. It's so refreshing down there. I often go on weekends just to get out of the Wasatch Front area. There is no mess or overpopulation. It's fairly pretty for a desert region. The average summer temps are slightly cooler in Price/Helper. Large enough to have all the services needed, yet as I said, not a complete disaster as the Wasatch front has become.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcisive View Post
Indeed in my travels I always found Helper/Price to be a rather pleasant place to be. As you say the pace is slower, which is welcome to me. Seems like there wouldn't be a air quality issue either. I imagine the water sources there exist as well. You're not next door to the mayhem of the Wasatch Front so that too has it's perks. As long as you are semi or retired I'd imagine it to be a pretty nice spot.
People must be asleep there, I think our area is slow.

Old 06-09-2011, 12:10 PM

5,120 posts, read 16,595,896 times
My parents are both from Helper. I never lived there.

I have aunts, uncles, cousins, etc that still live there.

My dad loved living there. It's definitely a slower pace. It's too beige for my liking.

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowedCarbon County is the best place to live to avoid natural disasters. I've never heard of CLRsearch but my aunt sent me this link today.

Last edited by Yac; 05-23-2012 at 06:23 AM..

Old 06-10-2011, 07:39 AM

3,260 posts, read 6,758,372 times
Just wait Hilgi till your kids are long gone and you and your wife have nothing but time. Perhaps you'll slow down like most of us and have a hankering for the mellow things in life. Or not. Some just want to keep going all the time. Me, I'd like to put on the brakes and smell the flowers and air and not have people directly around me or traffic to deal with. Helper isn't a bad choice for this that was my main comment. For those that need to feel connected to the drone of life around them they can stay in the Wasatch Front.

Old 06-10-2011, 09:12 AM

8,182 posts, read 9,211,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcisive View Post
Just wait Hilgi till your kids are long gone and you and your wife have nothing but time. Perhaps you'll slow down like most of us and have a hankering for the mellow things in life. Or not. Some just want to keep going all the time. Me, I'd like to put on the brakes and smell the flowers and air and not have people directly around me or traffic to deal with. Helper isn't a bad choice for this that was my main comment. For those that need to feel connected to the drone of life around them they can stay in the Wasatch Front.
I feel like I have slowed down here, that is my point, Helper must really be slow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
View detailed profiles of: