U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 08:06 PM

50,247 posts, read 47,579,412 times

Advertisements

well lets see. they are white. if they are white are they racists?
we kind of make up these definitions as we go don't we.

Old 09-27-2008, 10:15 AM

27,550 posts, read 22,907,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreameyes View Post
It was not "blacks" like everyone outside the church seems to think. It had to do with African descent.
Blacks are of African descent, so basically it involved blacks.

Old 09-27-2008, 11:12 AM

5,601 posts, read 12,661,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psudo View Post
That never was an LDS tenant. You could take my word for it as an LDS man, or look up some names for yourself: Elijah Abel, Jacob Hamblin, Darrick Evenson, John Groberg.

That's not to say Mormons are immune to racism; I'm sure there are racist Mormons in the world. But it's not a tenant of the faith and never was.

First, I don't want to pull this thread off topic by discussing religion so please respond to me only by Direct Message if any further comments are necessary.

I want to publicly apologize for my comments that were quoted. When I said "tenants" (sic), I actually, of course, meant "tenents" which may have been a poor choice of words to begin with. I made the comment based on what my LDS friends have relayed to me and from what I have shallowly read for myself. I haven't been able to research the subject in depth so my making such a comment was inappropriate.

For that, I am truly sorry.

Old 10-02-2008, 01:46 PM

27,550 posts, read 22,907,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
well lets see. they are white. if they are white are they racists?
we kind of make up these definitions as we go don't we.
Not all white people are racists. There are racists in every ethnicity, period. It's bad no matter what.

As for Utah, not all people in Utah are racist, some are. I think some people just don't want to be the center of attention when they move to a place and for some people, Utah might be a place where one could draw alot of attention to one's self for being different.

Old 11-08-2009, 04:20 PM

16,477 posts, read 31,244,927 times
Old thread, revived by racist posting. Closed.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah