Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2009, 08:30 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,483,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytidid View Post
Kind of along the same lines as the vinyl I have up in my house. "Happiness depends upon ourselves."
I couldn't of said it better. Kaytidid you are such a positive person. It's great to know you are in Utah, with a great attitude!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2009, 08:50 AM

2,502 posts, read 6,973,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
I couldn't of said it better. Kaytidid you are such a positive person. It's great to know you are in Utah, with a great attitude!
Awww....thanks Chickrae. I love living here. As I have said before, Utah isn't perfect, only perfect for me.

Old 02-05-2009, 08:57 AM

602 posts, read 1,872,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytidid View Post
Kind of along the same lines as the vinyl I have up in my house. "Happiness depends upon ourselves."
That is very true! Thanks to all of you for the advice and info. It makes me feel a little more comfortable about moving

Old 02-05-2009, 09:00 AM

You are very welcome! Enjoy your move to Utah!

Old 02-05-2009, 09:22 AM

70 posts, read 187,063 times
To all of you,

In my first paragraph of this thread I stated "One thing that always happened was that the people who were being negative were bombarded by people calling them negative and saying that there is nothing wrong with Utah, that it has to be them with the problems…" Thank each and every one of you (you know who you are and everyone reading this can tell who you are) for making that point for me. If those of us who are experiencing these types of behaviors are not allowed to get our stories out then there will never be any change...and maybe that is what all of you want, I don't know.

What I do know is that it is obvious you are 'righteous' Christians in your espoused values of understanding, compassion and kindness but that your enacted values are condemnation, ridicule and pettiness, basically you all talk the talk but don't walk the walk. Take a look at your own words and reactions, what do you see?

As for myself, I will apologize for one thing, I wanted to make sure that this thread stayed alive and at the top for as long as possible so that many people would have a chance to read it and it wouldn't get lost in the jumble. I have posted some intentionally direct posts (posts that I didn't dummy down or make nicer) just because I knew you wouldn't be able to resist the opprotunity to blast me. As long as you all keep posting, this thread will stay alive and it will be read, people will get a chance to see what it CAN be like living in Utah Valley.

I think you made my point for me and there is nothing else I can add. Good luck to all of you, I sincerely hope that some day you will learn to be as Christian in your posts to others as you "tell" others they should be in their lives, open your hearts and minds please...you are displaying the typical behavior of an e-bully-troll and yes I have gone through and read your posts to other people as I am sure others have done. Maybe you should all be just a little ashamed and embarassed by your representation of your beliefs through your words.

Thanks for all of the understanding I have received (yes that was sarcastic). Please don't respond to this as there will be no further postings from me, just let it go...

Cycle

Old 02-05-2009, 09:57 AM

70 posts, read 187,063 times
kaytidid,
I am not sure why you deleted your last post, but I did get a chance to read it before you did...No it wasn't directed at you and I don't know why you keep taking everything personal...it is not all about you and your opinion, it is about the behavior all of you exhibit on this board...As for questioning my Christian values, I do wave to my neighbors every day, even after eight months, because that is the type of person I am I never give up hoping that things will change...that was what this post was supposed to bring about...
Cycle

Old 02-05-2009, 10:09 AM

I don't take everything personal. I hope things do change for you. Really, I do. Is is possible, I am not even saying probable, but possible, that the reason they don't wave has nothing to do with you not being LDS?

I don't wave too often to my neighbors. My DH does, but I am extremely shy and have some hearing loss. I don't wave, thinking they will say something to me, I won't be able to hear them, and stand there looking like a doofus. I will talk with them when they are face to face with me, but not a yard or two away. They would have to get to know me to even get that close. My point is that maybe there is some other reason, unbeknownst to you, as to WHY they are not. I have learned not to be so quick to judge, as I might not fully know their whole story. For all I know, they might think I am totally stuck up, as they don't know my story. That is okay though. I realize that if I want to get to know them better or erase all feelings they may have about me, it is on MY shoulders to approach them with more than just a wave. My religion or theirs has never crossed my mind as to why anything happens.

Again, I wish nothing for you but happiness, wherever you may find it.
Peacefully,
Kaytidid

Old 02-05-2009, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by osugirl2 View Post
That is very true! Thanks to all of you for the advice and info. It makes me feel a little more comfortable about moving
You will love Utah. When I first moved there from CA I was very apprehensive also. Now I can't wait to get back and not because I dislike Oklahoma...I do like it here. Just miss the mountains, skiing, my kids

Old 02-05-2009, 11:36 AM

602 posts, read 1,872,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
You will love Utah. When I first moved there from CA I was very apprehensive also. Now I can't wait to get back and not because I dislike Oklahoma...I do like it here. Just miss the mountains, skiing, my kids
I sure hope so. Now I just have to get my mom on board, because she was expecting Colorado, which isn't so far away and I'm her only child with her only grandson and she's used to seeing him every week, which won't be the case anymore. She has several months to adjust to it, so I hope the idea will start to grow on her

Old 02-05-2009, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by osugirl2 View Post
I sure hope so. Now I just have to get my mom on board, because she was expecting Colorado, which isn't so far away and I'm her only child with her only grandson and she's used to seeing him every week, which won't be the case anymore. She has several months to adjust to it, so I hope the idea will start to grow on her
My mom, brothers, grandmother is all in Denver (thats where I was born) and jsut so you know they have really cheap flights from Salt Lake to Denver on United and Frontier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah