Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2008, 11:17 AM

11 posts, read 40,416 times

Advertisements

You never get what you want if you don't ask...so here goes.

I moved into Traverse Mountain/Lehi right behind Cabellas. I live in a section of new homes that are short sales and foreclosures. Only a handful of all the houses are actually occupied. Most are owned by banks or investors who lost their shirts. The houses are gorgeous, the few families here are friendly and we have a beautiful park where everyone gathers for fun with their families.

I live in a lonely culdesac...lonely because only two families live here, mine included. We aren't mormon ourselves, but we get along with people who are. We would love some diversity and other kids for our kids to play with. Mine are 5 year old girl, 9 year old boy and 10 year old girl. Our neighbors have 5 boys ranging from 4 to 16. The homes are on the pricey side...around $399K and up. I'll even send you links to the homes available!!!!

Are you an awesome neighbor??? We'd love to welcome you to our neighborhood!

-Fate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2008, 10:28 PM

11 posts, read 40,416 times
Default Just an update

Just a quick update...

I am NOT a real estate professional. I can't help you find a house. I don't know anything about mortgages, or banks, or selling houses. I can tell you generally where to look on the internet, but that's it!

I merely want some good families as neighbors. You are on your own for real estate advice and seeing the homes up here.

If you have general questions about the area, schools, neighborhoods, amenities...I'll do the best I can!

Old 06-28-2008, 09:46 AM

8 posts, read 27,165 times
Default traverse mountain

could you post the link for your area...we are looking at some homes in this area...and I will soon be in the same boat as you thanks

Old 08-09-2008, 02:30 AM

34 posts, read 157,542 times
I would caution those planning on moving to Traverse Mountain. While the views are lovely in the summer, this past winter was quite difficult. And unfortunately, there are an abundance of vacant homes. Many were bought by investors, and there are many foreclosures. Builders are really having a tough time, so even if you did buy a house for a good price, good luck on getting anything repaired. It gets worse the higher up the mountain you get. Most of those homes were built by custom builders on speculation, and it is a veritable ghost town up there. It is quite depressing. Just a word of warning.

Old 08-11-2008, 07:39 AM

8 posts, read 27,165 times
Default suncrest

oops.... we are renting in Suncrest so your post makes me nervous....we seem to have quite a few neighbors still in our subdivison...but I don't think i would buy up here ...not for the prices they want still

Old 10-05-2013, 05:21 AM

1 posts, read 2,311 times
Just wanted to know if things have changed since your initial post ? We are thinking about building in the area near the park. The home would be in the 550k range to start... Is that a rediculous price for this area?

Old 10-07-2013, 08:27 AM

3,260 posts, read 6,755,670 times
That could be the least of your worries. IF (and it's a big if) the government shutdown continues and no agreement is signed regarding the debt ceiling next week, the U.S. will default on their loans and payments. There will be NO Social Security or benefit checks distributed, the markets will take a big dive and food distribution as we know it will also suffer. Those homes and their ownership will pretty much cease to exist. So lets hope the scenario is in the other direction. I'm in this boat as well so NOT looking forward to it.

Old 10-07-2013, 11:26 PM

973 posts, read 2,141,172 times
((((Hugs)))) that's a nice area! Hope you soon get some awesome neighbors like we are fortunate to have. I'm also not LDS, but most of my 'hood is, and we love our hood.

We 'only' have 2, a newly 10yo, made the cut off 5th grade ds, and a newly 9yo, just missed the cut off 3rd grade dd. Lol they are 12 mos, 19 days apart in age, but, 2 grades apart. I thought about holding ds back. So glad I did not. He's a brainiac. Lol

Feel free to message me. I have 2 close friends with similar aged dd's that we do SL county play dates most Fridays with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah