Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2009, 10:01 AM

1 posts, read 1,483 times

Advertisements

I currently live in chicago. My husband and I are looking to start a business a career change for both of us. I love chicago but don't love the winters. Taxes and living in chicago is very expensive and just looking if there is a better place to open up a business and raise a family. I am looking to get away from the below 0 winters. I have two youg children so good schools are a must. Can anyone give me some advice of places in utah that would be a good to start a business (diner type place) and have good weather and be cool in winter but not frigid winters and that good schools. I hope I am not asking for much.

Thanks,

Grace in chicago
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2009, 10:25 AM

2,502 posts, read 6,970,733 times
Schools are okay. They aren't the best, but I am certain they aren't the worst either. The winters can be cold. Sometimes they seem to drag on forever. It isn't the same as a Chicago winter though. Not as windy and wet.

I don't know how well a diner place would go over right now. Finding just the right spot is the hardest part. Utahns bring their kids everywhere, even out to eat. With the larger families in Utah, coupled with harder financial times, I think dining out isn't as frequent as it once was.

Best of luck!

Old 06-06-2009, 10:46 AM

2,631 posts, read 5,453,943 times
even with the financial hardships though, i think restaurants are doing ok. my brother just went into army boot camp, but before that he was working at one of the olive gardens in the slc valley, and they could never find enough help; it was so busy. restaurants are hard as it is, but there are still people that want to get out and enjoy some fine dining.

Old 06-08-2009, 01:56 PM

63 posts, read 284,654 times
I really enjoyed the few months I lived in Brigham City. The winter was crazy for me though, I can't take the snow, but I have never been to Chicago so I can't compare the two. Check out the town though, it has a very friendly, small-town feel but isn't too far from SLC.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:19 AM

550 posts, read 2,168,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilinda85 View Post
A young man was in love with a girl. At one weekend, he invitedhis girlfriend to the cinema. When they were at the ticket box,the young man said to the ticket seller, "Two tickets, please. "www.kkfff.comWhen the ticket seller told him that all the tickets had soldout, the disappointed young man said, "Then do you have any surtickets that can allow us to stand together?"
What a sneaky way of advertising
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
View detailed profiles of: