U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-05-2006, 01:33 PM
 
38 posts, read 171,685 times
Reputation: 29

Advertisements

Not being familiar with those roads & what mountain passes there are I am wondering if I moved to Provo area, would I be able to drive to Southern CA in the winter?

I assume there would be mountain passes to cross? Anyone know what the roads are usually like?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-06-2006, 02:13 PM
 
84 posts, read 200,397 times
Reputation: 39
yes with great ease. the I-15 is right there. i do it every year. ca to ut and back. I have yet to have a bad snow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2006, 03:21 PM
 
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
378 posts, read 1,729,555 times
Reputation: 237
I-15 South is an easy straight shot back to CA. We've made the trip several times during new years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2006, 07:20 PM
 
38 posts, read 171,685 times
Reputation: 29
Thank you so much!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2006, 01:51 PM
 
1,804 posts, read 7,011,684 times
Reputation: 997
There is always the possibility of bad weather until you get to St. George, but even those events are fairly rare and managable. From St. George on it is easy sailing. Just know the weather report before you go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2006, 03:18 PM
 
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
378 posts, read 1,729,555 times
Reputation: 237
Coming back from California can be tramatic in the winter. I remember walking on the sunny beach on Coronado Island in the morning and braving a blizzard in Salt Lake City that night! California weather rocks, but the cramped space does not!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2006, 05:12 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
6 posts, read 55,876 times
Reputation: 11
Practically all of I-15 in NV and CA is subject to flash flooding although it is somewhat of a rare event. You would want to check the weather before departing and revise your departure date if a serious storm is coming through. Nevertheless, probably 99 percent of the time you would have no problem at all, and you can avoid the other 1 percent by judicious planning. Also, avoid periods when you would expect heavy traffic (holidays, etc.).

Uh... Don't plan on having any scenery between Las Vegas and San Bernadino.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top