Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2009, 10:06 PM

1,224 posts, read 3,373,626 times

Advertisements

Will,we need chains on are cars to get around in the winter (area around Hawks Landing)? My husband will be driving to Salt Lake for work so we are guessing 60 to 90 min each way.How are the schools, I know the Alpine school district is fairly good. We have knowabout the bugs, snakes and cyotes, not really worried about that had them in NM also. Thanks for any help with my silly questions.
Blessings michelleleigh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2009, 03:15 AM

13 posts, read 48,340 times
No, you will not need chains. Chains are usually only needed in the canyons. Snow tires would be a good investment. You can swap them on and off in the fall and spring. After a couple of years your snow tires turn into your summer tires and you get new snow tires. Although I just have a good all season and they work fine.

There are a lot of nice places closer to SLC if you are interested.

I don't know about the schools there as I live in Davis County, north of SLC. I do know that all the school districts in Utah are hurting, and that Alpine has recently changed how they teach math.

Not to be nosy, but are you LDS? Saratoga Springs is a VERY LDS town. This life long Mormon couldn't stand living there for how LDS and conservative Utah County is.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:09 PM

Thank you for all of the information. No we are not LDS, and while I am not conservative Dh is very conservatve. Honestly I could care less, as long as you are kind and decent to others( I just can not stand it when people are unkind for any reason)
Thank you and Blessings Michelleliegh

Old 08-14-2009, 04:14 PM

13 posts, read 48,340 times
Well your DH will fit in fine. Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity are worshiped down there as well.

Good luck and welcome to Utah. There are millions of things to do here, many for very inexpensively, and (except during the winter inversions) it just a beautiful place to live.

From my experience your neighbors will likely be nice to you. You may feel a bit left out because a lot of the neighborhood socializing will focus on ward activities. However, these activities are open to everyone. The Boy Scout troop and the Achievement Days (LDS version of Girl Scouts) are open to everyone. There will be fun family based activities as well.

Good luck with the move.

Old 08-16-2009, 12:05 AM

Thanks, Utah is a very beautiful state.We have loved it so far. The inversion is really bad out here, however we had something similar in New Mexico, we called it the Brown Cloud, because well it was brown. I have gone to a few Ward activities in Pleasant Grove, and enjoyed them.
Blessings michelleleigh

Old 09-02-2009, 02:17 PM

1 posts, read 2,620 times
Default Saratoga Springs

I just moved here, could anyone tell me, are there any nice coffe shops to go to ? or any nice restaurants? or where do people go here?, besides of out activities??? is there any nice place to have a glass of wine around?

thanks!!

Rose.

Old 09-03-2009, 12:54 AM

If you can find a place that will serve a nice glass of wine let me know, I have not had wine since we moved from NY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah