Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 12:32 PM

2,420 posts, read 3,847,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skibarbie View Post
This post just goes to show that taste is in the tongue of the beholder! I think Cafe Rio is some of the worst "Mexican" food that I have ever had! Not even close to TexMex in my opinion, not that i am a huge fan of TexMex...
My husband likes it though as it reminds him of La Salsa in San Diego and LA. Needless to say,,,he gets carryout from there about once a month while I get carryout from El Chubasco in PC...

I visited St. George last week for a couple of days and tried Cafe Rio. Though I wouldn't say the food there was the worst Mexican I've had I didn't care too much for it. Its not Cal-Mex and its not Tex-Mex. I had the chicken burrito with enchilada sauce and cheese. I tasted a sweet flavor which I didn't like. I tried their 'famous' pork and didn't care for it. The place is laid out very well and the interior is very appealing. I'll try something else from their menu next time. Next time I'm in the area I will also try Durangos and Costa Vida.

-Cheers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2011, 01:31 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,798,588 times
This is one type of Tex-Mex Cheese enchiladas, beef fajitas, refried beans and Spanish rice..

Old 11-08-2011, 05:57 PM

2,420 posts, read 3,847,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
This is one type of Tex-Mex Cheese enchiladas, beef fajitas, refried beans and Spanish rice..

Oh my. My mouth just watered. I'll take another Pacifico for my dinner, thank you very much!

-Cheers.

Old 07-02-2019, 09:49 AM

2 posts, read 1,357 times
Default Queso Blanco

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneyBlu View Post
I could be wrong, but I think that she was probably referring to the cheese dip that those of us who often eat Mexican in the southern states find at restaurants. I have actually never seen it in Utah on a menu, though there are other cheese dips available. This variety is just a white, melted cheese dip without a lot of flavor or spice...and it is simply referred to as queso. I don't know why we don't seem to have it in Utah. Too bad...it's good stuff!

Is this what you were talking about, OSUgirl?

Queso Blanco is authentic if made with Asadero Cheese. All I've been able to find in Utah is at Los Cucos has the yellow queso dip for chips and offer the meat selections to it also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
View detailed profiles of: