Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 03:29 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,058,801 times

Advertisements

a close relative has put an offer in on a place up there...want to make sure a mistake isn't being made as I sorta need to look out for this relative...(long story)....I found the website of the HOA and a quick glance at it looks good....a few years ago, I drove thru Heber Valley and it was very pleasant, but it was also summer....a quick look at realtor sites shows several places for sale at a variety of prices....I'll continue googling....

what is the general local reputation of this development?....was it originally just a private ranch that was subdivided back, apparently, in the early 1970s?....what do most of the residents do?...is it occupied mostly summer-only?....does the place "feel good" in general?....any comments welcome....

thanks very much for your ideas....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2010, 09:06 PM

just bumping this back up for comments....thanks

Old 01-25-2010, 09:19 AM

835 posts, read 2,076,234 times
I know a couple that lives up there-if I see them today I will try to get you some feedback..

Old 01-26-2010, 03:57 PM

835 posts, read 2,076,234 times
I have not seen my friends that live in Timberlake to get the skinny. One thing I know is that they love living there-I would not as the whole dirt road thing is a deal breaker for me. I lived in the sticks in Texas and Oklahoma and at this point, I like some pavement..

Old 04-05-2010, 05:30 PM

21 posts, read 66,463 times
Default Timberlakes

Timberlakes is a County subdivision that was approved sometime in the 60's or 70's. It is a gated community and for the most part has mostly dirt roads. Lake Pines Drive is the only road that I know of that is paved, and it is only paved about halfway. A lot of the people that live there love it and there are certainly areas that are very beautiful. My favorite area is on the west side of the subdivision where there are views of the Heber Valley and Wasatch mountains. There are not a lot of municipal services up there and the HOA seems to have control over just about everything. Also, because of its higher elevation, they seem to have at least a few more weeks each year of winter weather than the Heber Valley. So, if you like living in a remote area with fewer services, then Timberlakes might be a good choice. Crime sometimes is an issue in the more remote areas because of longer response time by police. If I were to live there, I would stay close to the entrance and be on the west side with a view of the valley, or along the paved portion of Lake Pines Drive. Anyway, hope that helps.

Old 04-05-2010, 06:36 PM

2,512 posts, read 3,056,907 times
Your relative may want to think about issues such as someone with a medical condition of any kind that may need quick access to hospital or clinic facilities. Even with no conditions there are still emergencies that can arise.

I don't know about Timberlakes, but it sounds similar to a neighborhood nearer to Park City called Tollgate Canyon. Again, unpaved roads, not on the plow route, the realtor I have in that area stated she would have to meet the listing agent at a lower elevation and take their HUGE SUV up to show a lisiting in winter.

Heck, even paved neighborhoods can get hairy in some of those Wasatch Back / Heber Valley neighborhoods, I actually had to bring my rental car to a stop for busting out laughing while driving in the Summit Park neighborhood in Park City when one wheel was compressed almost to rubbing the rim while another was nearly suspended in air. It was like simultaneously trying to drive through a gully, over a ridge, and around the side of a basketball at the same time. And this was late May, what it would be like in winter? Not sure I want to know.

I would think one would need to be more self sufficient and cautious living in these types of neighborhoods and developments.

Old 04-05-2010, 09:59 PM

thanks for the additional comments....all are welcomed....

my relative did end up buying and didn't realize the impact of winter at that elevation.....second thoughts are occurring!.....

Old 05-14-2010, 08:01 AM

3 posts, read 9,289 times
I just moved to Timberlakes. I am on the West side overlooking Heber Valley and the Wasatch mountains, it is a gorgeous view. Cominf from Texas snow in May is a bit concerning, I dont like the fact they said the roads would be paved in summer of 2010, but when I ask about it, they have no answer. Everyone seems very nice up here. I love all the wildlife. and the views are breathtaking. wondering if I will be stuck up here in January with no way to get down the mountain though, even with a 4 wheel drive. The lake is very cool, although I was told that is is private property and no access to it which was disappointing.

Old 05-14-2010, 09:47 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,811,151 times
You will be snowed in long before Jan arrives! Think Oct for a mountain snow, although it may not be bad for a while.

Old 05-17-2010, 07:55 AM

139 posts, read 501,640 times
Default Sort of funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdr0710 View Post
thanks for the additional comments....all are welcomed....

my relative did end up buying and didn't realize the impact of winter at that elevation.....second thoughts are occurring!.....

Did they buy from out of state?

I can't imagine someone who has lived in Utah wouldn't realize the impact of winter anywhere near Park City / Heber City.....for some people, though the impact of winter is a nice draw!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah