U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-25-2012, 04:09 PM

4 posts, read 4,543 times
Default Why does the rape rate seem so high in Vancouver?

We are considering relocating from Kansas City to PDX/Vancouver. Kansas City has a very high crime rate. My husband is a police officer so we are well aware of the true crime situation in our city. Reading over the crime rates for the PDX/Vancouver area make the crime situation seem fantastic. However, I've noticed the rape rate for Vancouver seems really high compared to other relatively low crime rates for the city and compared to PDX. Does anyone have any explanation for it? Just curious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2012, 11:33 AM

1,685 posts, read 713,380 times
Sexual frustration among the men who don't have the time to cross the bridge and patronize one of Portland's many gentlemen's clubs?

Old 02-02-2012, 01:07 AM

27 posts, read 26,142 times
If people would just keep their sheep locked up this **** wouldnt happen

Old 06-17-2012, 06:14 PM

22 posts, read 37,548 times
Default Marijuana use and rape

52% of the rape victims in the State of Washington have used marijuana compared to 15.5% of the non-victims.

--

Old 06-18-2012, 10:53 AM

720 posts, read 404,965 times
Default Please elaborate or cite a source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellowGuy View Post
52% of the rape victims in the State of Washington have used marijuana compared to 15.5% of the non-victims.

--
What is a non-victim?

Old 07-02-2012, 12:58 AM

22 posts, read 37,548 times
Default I don't remember the source

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaconowner View Post
What is a non-victim?
A non-victim is a woman who hasn't reported being raped.

I don't have a good explanation of why the incidence of rape is high in Vancouver. I was merely reporting a statistical observation reported by some official.

My sister that works in a hospital in northern Washington said that 75% of those tested in the hospital for drug use have used drugs and many have more than one drug in their blood or urine.

Old 07-02-2012, 06:55 PM

1,152 posts, read 902,396 times
Did you know that 87% of statistics are made up?

Old 07-03-2012, 11:17 AM

2 posts, read 1,796 times
Probabably because of the broad definition Clark county uses for rape, the dictionary implies rape as a violent act with the use of force, the definition here is contact or penetration of ones privates and force is not a consideration, so if any of you have ever touch the privates of another and there were more then 2 yrs differences in your ages, you are a rapist according to the countys definition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area