Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 07:29 PM

122 posts, read 193,531 times

Advertisements

The more I look into apartments and houses, unless a great house pops up - it looks like we'll be in an apartment (I'm keeping my fingers crossed for someone who just happens to have a house open up for rent!!) for about 6 months while we look to buy a house.

So, with that being said - which apartments are near (or have in their own little "backyard") dog parks?

We have 2 dogs and are used to letting them out numerous times a day to go wander, do their business and then come back in.. So dog parks would be an awesome thing to have within a couple of blocks.

Any dog lovers wanna chime in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2013, 08:51 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,712 posts, read 58,054,000 times
Check out SEARCH function ...

DOGPAW - Homepage

Old 08-31-2013, 07:42 PM

Thought I posted a "Thank You" and "You rock" yesterday but it didn't go through?

Thank You!!

Hoping to run into people that love dogs here!!

Old 09-01-2013, 02:07 PM

2,687 posts, read 7,409,755 times
Cool I'll chime in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBoBinda View Post
The more I look into apartments and houses, unless a great house pops up - it looks like we'll be in an apartment (I'm keeping my fingers crossed for someone who just happens to have a house open up for rent!!) for about 6 months while we look to buy a house.

So, with that being said - which apartments are near (or have in their own little "backyard") dog parks?

We have 2 dogs and are used to letting them out numerous times a day to go wander, do their business and then come back in.. So dog parks would be an awesome thing to have within a couple of blocks.

Any dog lovers wanna chime in?
You should consider rehoming your two dogs to families that will tend to them not just let
them 'out to wander'... you show poor pet ownership and rude neighbor behaviour. They need to
be leashed and walked and you need to clean up after them.
Koale

Old 09-01-2013, 08:36 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
http://www.cityofvancouver.us/parksr...eash-dog-parks Pacific Park has the best off leash dog park I have ever seen.

There are apartments in the general area. In general, dogs do not wander in our subdivision. I take it you know they would need to be in a fenced yard if left outdoors?

Old 09-01-2013, 10:05 PM

Ouch...

They "wander" in our yard and then we let them back in. We do walk our dogs in the neighborhood and when we do, we clean up not just with bags for the waste but with a spray bottle and paper towels in case it is a little messier than normal.

I am a great dog owner and we have trained our dogs to be my hearing dogs as I am severely hard of hearing. They don't bark unless we come home, someone is at the door or car in the driveway. They're not service dogs, just well trained.

We're moving from a home and yard we have had for almost 20 years and the dogs have been with us for 9 and 10 years. They're used to a yard and the move will be enough of a shock to them so a dog park would be a great way to let em have fun and get some exercise!

I love my dogs so much that I'm actually considering trying to find a place NEXT to a dog park or somewhere close to it so we can let them out the way they are let out here. So, I'm a great neighbor and a great dog owner.

I can see where you *might* get the idea that I just let my dogs wander since I didn't say anything about a yard but your comeback was rather insulting and hurtful. Not at all helpful.

And yes, I'd love to have a yard for my dogs but I also know it's going to take us some time to find a place that is suitable for all of us so it looks like an apartment will be the way we go.

They're pretty much indoor dogs, where we live in So Cal, we have coyote and mountain lions so...

Thanks for the link to the dog park, I really appreciate having the people in the area being so helpful. I google the heck out of everything but the links I'm given are golden. So, thanks!

Old 09-02-2013, 12:20 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,712 posts, read 58,054,000 times
Different strokes... I have Cougars, bear, bobcats ... and I leave my dogs and cats home alone for weeks when I'm traveling. None of my pets have ever known a leash or a fence. They are free to 're-home' any time they would like! I can't go so far as to say I Love them... That would really get me in the Doghouse (again!~).

I THINK my animals are happy... my dog smiles a lot. The UPS man enjoys that!

As a 'farm-kid', I could never digest fencing, leashing, or inviting my pets in the HOUSE They would really be insulted, having to be a HUMAN... "Boring"....

Old 09-02-2013, 01:30 PM

If on a farm, do as the farm peeps do!!

Old 09-04-2013, 04:30 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
We took one of the grands to Pacific Park today, and we watched some of the dogs in the dog park. (The dog park is inside Pacific Park) Very nice owners and dogs, I must say.

Old 09-07-2013, 10:20 PM

Nice!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area