Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 06:30 PM

307 posts, read 560,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
just land at Crystal Creek Apartments for a while (NE Minnehaha Ave). it is quite central and walking distance to Hazel Dell Park and Heritage Farm. It will be well under $1200/month and a good place to stay till Blaine sells.

Good luck avoiding the GREEN creatures. My DW freaked at the Tarantula in Kerrville house... she put it up for sale, and flew home (PNW)... Fortunately, it did not sell, and is today rented for a very nice ROI. I MAY get her back there, but if not... I will have fun visiting there OFTEN and riding bikes and cycles while in WA it is drizzling (as usual).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That sounds better. I have Crystal Creek Apts down on my TO CHECK list. If we don't get to sell or discard the big stuff we have, might have to transport them to Vanc and put them in storage until I can get rid of them. Folks in this area (Palm Coast, FL) don't seem to be into garage sales. I have not seen a garage sale in our neighborhood since we moved here in January! Have no idea why. Not like in Blaine...much easier to sell things.

Tarantulas are big horrifying-looking fuzzy creatures...but harmless. I'd rather handle them than mess with black widows and recluse spiders. We used to see tarantulas crawling on the walls inside our house at Fort Huachuca, AZ all the time. Drove my wife crazy. Where is Kerrville anyway? Can't be in WA...there are no tarantulas north of CA. I'm not surprised it's drizzling in WA...did you mean Vancouver?

Last edited by FCStraight; 06-02-2014 at 06:33 PM.. Reason: Correct typos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2014, 12:12 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,712 posts, read 58,054,000 times
There are plenty of Garage sales / Free-cycle in PDX area, so don't haul anything you can replace. Maybe you need a 'contribution' deduction this yr. I have donated to Camps, Woman's Shelters, and Non-profit garage sale fund raisers.

Old 06-04-2014, 10:06 AM

4,059 posts, read 5,620,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
There are plenty of Garage sales / Free-cycle in PDX area, so don't haul anything you can replace. Maybe you need a 'contribution' deduction this yr. I have donated to Camps, Woman's Shelters, and Non-profit garage sale fund raisers.
I'd quibble that it's hard (and usually expensive) to find a good couch. Mattress/bed potentially as well. Though if you have a crappy couch, that's easy to replace - there's always Ikea right across the river!

For other household stuff, I'd add that Vancouver also has some pretty good (and affordable) antique shops downtown.

Old 06-05-2014, 11:33 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,712 posts, read 58,054,000 times
But... rather than pay the fuel and SPACE to move such a huge item as Couch and Bed, be sure you don't want to upgrade in Sales Tax Free Oregon. There are some great Mattress and furniture deals.

Found a very nice Euro style Latex mattress for under $300 at one of many new OS dealers in SE Portland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area