Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2015, 09:58 PM

48 posts, read 71,780 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for some insight on Marrion area, roughly 97th and 6th. Is this area family friendly? Easy to get to Mtn View High via bike, or is this a bus route? Pictures look nice, but is it near any sketchy parks or areas? Office will be at 4th and 136th, so to me that's a great commute. Also, is that really as close to Mtn View HS as map looks?

Would love all input about the look and feel of the neighborhood. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2015, 02:31 PM

4,059 posts, read 5,586,083 times
I wouldn't bike on Mill Plain personally, but if you take 98th down to McGillv. that route should work.

It is pretty close, but that stretch of Mill Plain is very busy, and with the commerce and interstate on/off ramps, biking through there strikes me as needless risky. Even driving through it can be slow.

I don't see any obvious issues with living where you describe, particularly if you're not directly on 97th.

Old 04-08-2015, 12:58 AM

Ok! Driving will be a cinch since I am just 2 miles to my office! I'm glad the area is good because I just made an offer in a home And it was accepted! I'm finally going to be moving!

Old 04-08-2015, 12:41 PM

Congrats!

The area leans suburban, with all the pros (shopping plazas! close highway proximity!) and cons (shopping plazas! close highway proximity!) that entails.

Presumably you were able to at least get a sense of that from a quick overview of the area.

But still, I'd live there myself with the right offer.

Old 04-08-2015, 06:16 PM

Having visited the area twice, I do understand the sprawling suburban feel the Vancouver area has to offer. However, I am moving from Plano, TX, which I must say is worse as far as concrete, chain store, suburban goes. I think I am going to be quite happy!

Old 04-09-2015, 02:17 PM

Hopefully so!

It is a lovely area overall, and yeah, as suburbs go it's not bad at all.

It just has that issue that the places you can "walk to" are somewhat limited, though in terms of casual walking in the back neighborhoods and enjoyment of the area overall it should be fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area