Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2016, 03:47 PM

1 posts, read 564 times

Advertisements

Hi! We are considering a move to the Vancouver, WA area from the suburbs of San Francisco. We have 2 boys; 4 and 7 years old. We are spoiled in California not only for the weather, but the fantastic play structures and playgrounds here in the 'burbs. We visited Washougal during Thanksgiving Break and saw practically no modern playgrounds? What is there to do for fun in the Vancouver area? We go hiking quite a bit, too. We saw lots of opportunity for that up there so that's good! Are
There any indoor play places like Chuck E Cheese or Gymnastics studios with trampolines that offer drop-in play days that any of you would recommend?
I would love to hear any info on elementary schools and beyond. I've seen ratings but that's not everything! Would love to learn more about which schools have a good vibe and lots of parent involvement, as I love to volunteer and learn about who my kids are with all day!
Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2016, 05:06 PM

1,624 posts, read 4,055,033 times
Because if the rain there is a lot more indoor places then I was used to (east coast). There is JJ Jump, Kids Club and Fitness, Salmon Creek Indoor Soccer, Evergreen Tennis in Camas, Dizzy Castle, Firstenburg and Marshall community centers. There is a jump place too but I haven't been there. We were at a birthday party at Naydenov Gymnastics.The kids loved it but I thought it kinda smelled too much like feet.

For outside: Lacamas park, Frenchman's Bar if you like to play in the sand. Lots of outdoor parks in Vancouver and Camas. Not sure about Washougal as we don't drive out that far.

There is a Chuck E Cheese. It's a madhouse on the week-ends. There is a small play area in the Vancouver mall but that's more for toddlers. Ester Short park is a lot of fun and the water fountains are open and free to play in when it gets hot.

I know I'm rambling and all over the place, sorry about that. I have a lot of friends up here from the Bay Area and we love the community parks. We practically live at Felida park

Old 12-06-2016, 10:49 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,712 posts, read 58,054,000 times
As a homeschool family, we volunteered (as a family) for 24 hrs / week at local schools. There are lots of volunteer activities you can engage your kids in, we did weekly stints at homeless shelters and elderly / shut-ins as well. (We serve at https://www.facebook.com/Thelostandfoundcafe/)

for toddlers there is a Camas Playpark / co-op

Our older kids were pretty engaged with local groups, before this great place was founded:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jack-...09551055811402
Jack, Will, & Rob Boys & Girls Club - Boys and Girls Clubs of Portland Metropolitan Area

if you live rural... Build a huge shop for kids to play in. When the kids leave home you can 're-purpose' it for other things (Guest house, workshop, studio...)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area