U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Old 10-13-2017, 03:50 AM
1 posts, read 402 times
Reputation: 11


So as everyone knows you need a photo id card to get anywhere in life and all excuses aside , I made several bad choices in the past that have left me in a very frustrating cycle of not being able to obtain a photo id. So without going into detail about my bad decisions, I have obtained my birth certificate , my high school transcripts , and my oregon state driving record and got the ok from dol that I could tell them my ssn since I dont have a ssn card , but im from oregon and I used to have an oregon drivers license but its way expired and I lost it a long time ago and oregon dol doesnt keep photo identification records that long on file so since this is my first time getting an id in Washington state they want a photo id even though I have everything else which is understandable so with all that said im not looking to beat the system or get special treatment or have them bend the rules Im looking for any advice or tips its really important ive got my life back on track but its really hard to keep everything ive got like my place to live etc. But mostly its hard to keep the will to keep my life on track and not get discouraged and give up so any tips (positive ones please I already know im a dumbass for putting myself in this situation and I would given the chance to do it over I would ) thanks for taking time to read this incredibly long run on sentence
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2017, 11:47 AM
Location: WA
2,833 posts, read 3,943,513 times
Reputation: 3431
Your questions are all answered here:

WA State Licensing (DOL) Official Site: Get your WA identification card

No one here is going to have any "secret" ways around any of the ID requirements. They are what they are.

You will probably have to start by getting a replacement SS card from the SS office: https://www.ssa.gov/ssnumber/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2017, 10:03 AM
Location: Near Sequim, WA
570 posts, read 1,929,010 times
Reputation: 415
Originally Posted by texasdiver View Post
No one here is going to have any "secret" ways around any of the ID requirements. They are what they are.

You will probably have to start by getting a replacement SS card from the SS office
I agree with texasdiver. When it comes to WA DOL, it is what it is and they will hold you to their requirements.

The above link does make exceptions for people without a SS number however:

If you don't have a Social Security Number or received a notice to prove your identity. Sign a declaration and provide a document showing your WA address at a driver licensing office.

Within 2 weeks, we'll send you a form to request an appointment. Fill it out, mail or fax it to us. Form instructions will tell you where to send it.

We'll call to schedule an appointment with you and review your proof of WA residence documents. Bring as many documents necessary to show your current residence address. Make sure the documents are acceptable. If your documents are fraudulent, you won't be able to reapply for 364 days. Examples of acceptable documents:

Home utility bills: Gas, electric, water, garbage, land-line phone
Not acceptable: Cable, internet or satellite TV bills
A college or university document
Off-campus students can use the SEVIS database. Make sure it's printed by the "Designated School Official" or "Responsible Officer"
Selective Service card
Vehicle title (not a Quick Title with tamper proof tape over VIN and Title number)
Bank documents showing your name and transaction history. Examples:
Account statement
Credit card statement
Mortgage statement
Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN) letter from the IRS
WA school transcript records, report cards, or other documents
DSHS benefits eligibility documents
Recent WA marriage certificate or child's birth certificate

If you've recently moved, bring current and previous proof that you were living in WA. Other documents not listed above may be accepted if they show you currently live in WA. After we verify your address, we'll issue your card.

Hope this helps!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:53 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top