Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2018, 10:14 AM

14 posts, read 13,994 times

Advertisements

I have recently moved to Vancouver from California - I LOVE it here! No, I don't mind the rain, at all! People are NICE, you know? They are just... nice, and polite and friendly, and everything is so... down-to-earth and accessible. I'm so happy I made this move!

One thing - I love having indoor plants. I had to leave all of mine back in California, and it's the one thing I miss from my old home. So far, I've been unable to find any local nursery that is actually open I'm sure it's a seasonal thing, but I'm looking for indoor plants. Not succulents or air plants, just good old house plants.

Any ideas or recommendations, or do I just need to be patient and wait for spring?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2018, 11:09 AM

472 posts, read 526,190 times
Have you checked out Shortys?
Home - Shorty's Garden Center

Not cheap but really nice place. Selection is low right now, but not terrible.

Old 02-07-2018, 01:24 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,693 posts, read 58,004,579 times
plants / growing in PNW are quite outdoor centric... but...

1) Get to know your neighbors!!! most of our plants have come from neighbors who discard / need to split plants.
2) Help people move out of state... (huge source of plants) hint:... Start a business 'Re-homing' PLANTS!!!
3) Go visit with volunteers at the Portland Parks (Crystal Springs and International Rose Test Gardens (2)) I met several Portland park volunteers that live in Vancouver, they all invited me over to see their gardens at home (indoor and outdoor).

There will be plant sales SOON
Camas and WSU & Vancouver Farmer's Market sales are great places to fetch plants (indoor and outdoor) (check their website, might list vendors)

today... I would go to Shorty's, then Portland
https://www.yelp.com/search?cflt=gar...Portland%2C+OR
Welcome To Garden Fever!
>>>follow the links down about 1/2 way on the pagehttps://www.rossnwwatergardens.com/p...-to-know-about <<<
Home
Portland Landscaping, Landscape Design | Drake's 7 Dees
if you are into plants... Join Master Gardeners!!! it was a great opportunity for me when I arrived 35+ yrs ago

REALLY nice and helpful people and FUN volunteer gigs. (I did the ft Vancouver Heritage Orchard and Garden, but many love to work in schools and at WSU experimental station(s). ) Being a 'call-consultant' trains you REALLY fast!

Master Gardener Program | Clark County | Washington State University
Clinic Hours

WSU Master Gardeners researching plant identification at the Extension office answer clinic.

The Clark County Extension Answer Clinic office is located at 1919 NE 78th Street, Vancouver, Washington and is open to walk-in clients Tuesday and Wednesday 10 A.M. to 2 P.M. and Thursday and Friday from 11:30 A.M. to 3 P.M. Calls and e-mails placed before or after the open hours of the clinic are handled promptly. The Plant Clinic phone number is (360) 397-6060 ext. 5711. Clients can also send questions and photos of plant problems to the answer clinic via e-mail to: MGanswerclinic@clark.wa.gov

Old 02-08-2018, 11:21 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,140,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberous View Post
Have you checked out Shortys?
Home - Shorty's Garden Center

Not cheap but really nice place. Selection is low right now, but not terrible.
Shorty’s.

Home Depot has house plants pretty much all year round.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area
View detailed profiles of: