Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 12:44 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,690 posts, read 57,994,855 times

Advertisements

or... there is a guy in Camas who sells "MOVE-OVER" stickers that you put in your front window, so you can honk and flip off the guy ahead, then pass shaking your head and fist .

I would have to laugh... but I know the guy

and... as a commercial driver I have seen more than one insistent 'left lane driver' smashed via a 'head-on' on an overpass (from errant driver), or hit from across median or center-line, or 'run-over' by a 120 mph 'autobahn driver', or delaying emergency vehicles.

After over 40 yrs of this kinda stuff I just kiss the ground every time I get home safely
(some nights I was not so lucky, as I would often have to go scrape the mess off the road from my co-drivers, and deliver their load... they were NEVER at fault, to my knowledge)

+ as a kid I would lay in bed listening to the calls from the commercial drivers for my parents. They never got a night's sleep till the trucks were sold...

Old 01-09-2009, 10:19 AM

14,520 posts, read 8,763,762 times
Thumbs up Hi Jan

... love your posts, as you have a wealth of knowledge and experience

Old 01-09-2009, 02:41 PM

1,374 posts, read 1,304,090 times
Yeap, Janb well educated...

Old 01-10-2009, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrina View Post
This thread cracks me up because I've been saying I must be the "only" person in WA/OR who actually drives the speed limit, or below.

A year ago I moved down here to Vancouver from the Mount Vernon area, and found the driving styles & habits to be markedly faster and drivers' amounts of patience and courtesy on the road generally quite a bit less than what I'd experienced up north.

May I gently remind the OP that the posted speed limits are maximums, not minimums....LOL
I disagree and believe they drive at a good pace in Mount Vernon.
Here in the PDX/Vancouver area have to be the slowest
drivers i ever ran into.
With this in mind, i am not a road hog or speed racer, but
this is brutal!
I rather complain on here than have road rage, right????
Janb, i need one of those bumper stickers, LOL....

Old 01-11-2009, 10:16 PM

Complain away , but I think you must be living in a parallel universe or something...I drive the 205 across the Gorge regularly (sometimes rush hour, sometimes not) and my usual speed is 60-63 mph (which is already 5-8 mph over the maximum legal speed on the bridge) and about 75% of the other drivers are absolutely barreling past me. Likely going 65-70. Heh, you're probably one of them. What's the purpose of this? Just not needed.

BTW, I do Not get over in the left speed lane ~ ever. Usually drive in the second from the right lane, because the right lane turns into an exit only lane quite often. And don't want to deal with the merging traffic.

I don't like to exceed the speed limit at all, but give the concession of the 5-8 mph over in an effort to prevent hampering the flow of traffic.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellness View Post
I disagree and believe they drive at a good pace in Mount Vernon.
Oh??? Did you used to live and drive in Mount Vernon? When was that?

I lived there for 3+ years, and as I'd mentioned earlier, when I moved down here about a year ago, the first thing I noticed was the much more aggressive driving, the speeding, impatience and arrogance of at least some of the drivers. I wasn't looking for this phenomenon, nor did I expect it, but it is very clearly a difference.

Old 01-12-2009, 01:45 PM

I see the slow driver's hijacked that topic.
Nuff said!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area