Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Vancouver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 09:46 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,726,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver1 View Post
That`s what I thought. Real canadians. The goal of public forums are to share information. People in in other countries understand the reason of forums and help each other with sharing the infromation. Canadians just try to pretend that they are friendly but actually will never do that. Everyboday is just saying that Vancouver is bad but actually you just want to keep away more people from mowing to Vancouver.
well, don't move there if you are already concerned about job and salary. It is for your own good.
Trust me it is overrated and overpriced for what it really delivers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2012, 10:12 AM

1,863 posts, read 5,149,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
I don't see why his questions are out of line. Things like position, years of experience and salary are normal questions for the OP to have a basic idea of what the job market is like in Vancouver. What can one do with it any way that could negatively affect those who post such information? I can't imagine.
If you don't get it, you don't get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
One suggestion to the OP is that you might tell your own info on these and others might be able to give an idea how much you are likely to be able to make.
Yes, this is a good suggestion made my most people in this thread. The OP should have started this thread by giving his / her own personal information and go from there.

Instead of giving their own personal information, the OP asked other forum members to give them theirs insisting there was nothing wrong with this.

Old 11-27-2012, 11:53 AM

5 posts, read 7,951 times
Oh f..., how people can be stupid. I asked a normal question but some of the people just try to show how dum they are. Why should I give my full Resume to receive some idea about salaries in Vancouver??? Seems like instead of giving idea about salaries you actually want to help me with a job search.

Old 11-27-2012, 12:03 PM

1,863 posts, read 5,149,764 times
Quote:
Oh f..., how people can be stupid. I asked a normal question but some of the people just try to show how dum they are. Why should I give my full Resume to receive some idea about salaries in Vancouver??? Seems like instead of giving idea about salaries you actually want to help me with a job search.
Salary Search | Indeed.com

Here you go, smart guy. There are thousands of similar sites on internet.

Old 11-27-2012, 01:17 PM

218 posts, read 510,021 times
Vancouver1, you're either troll or lacking social intelligence a bit. The majority of people are not going to disclose this info, even under semi-anonymous accounts on this forum. Like someone up this thread said, "If you don't get it, you don't get it".

Old 11-27-2012, 01:43 PM

377 posts, read 1,695,749 times
Quote:
You spelled "dumb" wrong.

Old 12-02-2012, 07:14 PM

19 posts, read 26,172 times
This is one of the dumbest post I've read researching about BC.. go to glassdoor.com or salary.com if you want salary comparisons.

Old 12-06-2012, 12:48 PM

4,865 posts, read 10,526,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by igol001 View Post
Hi all, I'm new to this forum, i have been living in east coast for the past 25 years,from NYC now in Toronto, gratefull for all these experience I have had, but getting sick and tired of East Coast, I'm a hairdresser through out this whole time and own a hair salon in Toronto,but,like I say I need a change,and thinking of moving to Vancouver,I know this might be silly question for some of you...well, anyway, what are the chances are as a hairdresser to suvive in Vancouver ...please help.
I'm sure a hairdresser could survive in Vancouver! There's plenty of hairdressers in Vancouver, they all seem to get by. You might have to get used to a somewhat smaller apartment, but otherwise everything would be the same, the prices are similar to or cheaper than stuff in Toronto, and you lived in New York before, not a cheap town either. Give Vancouver a shot, it's a beautiful city!

Old 12-06-2012, 08:52 PM

1,264 posts, read 3,861,705 times
Quote:
Hi all, I'm new to this forum, i have been living in east coast for the past 25 years,from NYC now in Toronto, gratefull for all these experience I have had, but getting sick and tired of East Coast, I'm a hairdresser through out this whole time and own a hair salon in Toronto,but,like I say I need a change,and thinking of moving to Vancouver,I know this might be silly question for some of you...well, anyway, what are the chances are as a hairdresser to suvive in Vancouver ...please help.
Quote:
Thanks BIMBAM, I'm thinking by the end of next year, any idea what is the downtown retail space (small 300sq ft) would cost?
igol001, this thread's OP is asking posters to report their occupation & "Salary in Vancouver" for his entertainment.
Your topic is on starting a business in Vancouver. Big difference there. So as not to get out of topic, why don't you start a new thread that reflects your question? I don't want to post a whole bunch of commercial information relevant to your business, if they are OT.
Just click on and type in your title and post your question.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/vancouver/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Vancouver