Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Vancouver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2013, 08:53 PM

487 posts, read 896,756 times

Advertisements

I heard someone found a beheaded cat in my neighborhood just a day or so ago. It could very well be that someone, once again, is on the loose torturing and dismembering animals again. It's not the first time something like this has come up in this area recently.

Doing a little google searching, I found that this Vancouverite guy Jordan Lucas is currently in jail, I believe, for video tapes found of him torturing many animals:
Vancouver man arrested after 'horrifying' kitten torture video | CTV British Columbia News

And then there's the girl who is likely living somewhere in Vancouver, Kayla Bourque: SFU animal killer released from jail, expected to live in Vancouver | CTV British Columbia News. She videotaped herself brutally killing her family dog and cat, and spoke to her friends at SFU about her fantasies of killing homeless people. Perhaps it's this despicable person who left the cat head, who knows.

Any other ideas, or alerts regarding sociopathic behaviour towards animals that we should be aware of?

Be vigilant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2013, 03:21 AM

81 posts, read 154,678 times
Unfortunately I don't think there's really any way to prevent animal abuse. You can't detect who an animal killer is just by looking at their appearance so it's difficult to prevent these horrors from happening. I think Canada should reform its animal abuse laws. Make the penalties harsher and the sentences longer. It's a shame murdering an animal is seen as a crime less significant than murdering a human being

Old 11-06-2013, 12:17 AM

2,096 posts, read 4,776,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugsmang View Post
Unfortunately I don't think there's really any way to prevent animal abuse. You can't detect who an animal killer is just by looking at their appearance so it's difficult to prevent these horrors from happening. I think Canada should reform its animal abuse laws. Make the penalties harsher and the sentences longer. It's a shame murdering an animal is seen as a crime less significant than murdering a human being
No offense but killing a human being is a more significant crime. I killed a mouse that was in my house the other day (not on purpose exactly but it died when I caught it). They carry disease. Do you think that's on par with killing a human being, even in self defense? Even killing a cat or dog, while horrible is nowhere close to the same as killing a person. If that was the case, eating bacon would be on par with Jeffrey Dahmer. :P

I don't think throwing these people in jail would do much good, aside from making them even worse people and costing taxpayers more money. There's already enough people in jail. I think people who abuse animals need psychological help and should be treated with compassion because they obviously have severe issues that need attention.

Old 11-06-2013, 01:41 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,038,045 times
I don't think that killing a mouse by accident can be compared with deliberately torturing and mutilating something to death.

People who take pleasure from causing pain and mortal agony and will torture and mutilate anything to death do not deserve compassion because compassion is meaningless to them, and they need a lot more than just psychological treatment.

Old 11-07-2013, 01:27 PM

2,096 posts, read 4,776,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
I don't think that killing a mouse by accident can be compared with deliberately torturing and mutilating something to death.

People who take pleasure from causing pain and mortal agony and will torture and mutilate anything to death do not deserve compassion because compassion is meaningless to them, and they need a lot more than just psychological treatment.

What, are you saying we should kill them? I don't think people who say, hunt for sport are much different. I don't advocate hunting for sport but I don't think they are irredeemable sociopaths. Some people have psychological issues, others are violent because they are frustrated because they are unloved and came from a crappy place in life, or simply weren't taught compassion. Sorry if I sound like an idealist hippie or something but I think people can change and nobody is perfect. We eat animals that are realistically not treated very well, well most of us do anyways.

Old 11-07-2013, 01:33 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,668,808 times
There is no defense for some human behavior but this story happens in the Bay Area from time to time. The result of careful evaluation is that local predators will often leave a loved family pet looking like human evil at work. Need I say, keep your pets inside as there are many types of predators in the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Vancouver