Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Vancouver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 01:57 AM

1,608 posts, read 1,483,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSoCal View Post
What is that supposed to mean?

Well, John, it means that Canada isn't quite as far up poop's creek as the US is at the moment - not to say that we won't join you soon enough.

We're in the midst of a global economic meltdown and the States is front and center in relation to the proverbial fan.

Don't get me wrong - I love the States and lived there for years (in Aspen), but economically and politically, the U.S. is in deep, deep trouble. Here's a video that might interest you.

Jim Rickards: Project Prophecy

We're in worse shape now than in the depths of The Great Depression.

Couple the secular view with the fact that we're in the year of the Shemitah. If you've heard of the book The Harbinger then you are familiar with its author Jonathan Cahn (who has never yet been wrong in his predictions), and his new book The Mystery of the Shemitah is... remarkable.

Here's an interview with Rabbi Johnathan Cahn (conducted by Sid Roth, who I'm not a fan of, but if you can ignore the initial hype of the show and just listen to Jonathan, it will be well worth your while). Regardless of the expression of your faith, this information is of immeasurable importance to both your financial survival and your physical survival.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOuwYq5GNR4

All the best to you,

Mahrie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2015, 02:36 AM

Here's a little more about the Shemitah.

Rabbi Jonathan Cahn speaks at The Presidential Inaugural Prayer Breakfast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9xMxkNROto

Rabbi Jonathan Cahn speaking in California.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLP5CZLLaG8

Mahrie.

Old 02-15-2015, 09:07 PM

3,038 posts, read 4,774,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahrie View Post
Well, John, it means that Canada isn't quite as far up poop's creek as the US is at the moment - not to say that we won't join you soon enough.

We're in the midst of a global economic meltdown and the States is front and center in relation to the proverbial fan.
You are entitled to your opinion but the facts don't support your premise. The US economy is not nearly as good as it could be but it is better than any of the other G20 countries and has been for the past year. The US has some problems but Canada has many of their own,

Old 02-15-2015, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSoCal View Post
You are entitled to your opinion but the facts don't support your premise. The US economy is not nearly as good as it could be but it is better than any of the other G20 countries and has been for the past year. The US has some problems but Canada has many of their own,
This isn't a contest, John (and I'm not even Canadian). I didn't offer you my opinion, I purposely gave you the opinions of (arguably) the top men in their fields for you to consider.

The world is in a terrible state and we're headed for a fall. We couldn't be any closer to the edge of the cliff economically (or spiritually), and I hoped by sharing the above you would learn of the imminent dangers we face. I tried.

Blessings,

Mahrie.

Old 02-16-2015, 04:01 AM

3,749 posts, read 4,962,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
Vancouver is not bland??!!!
In my opinion not at all! Want bland? Go to Salem Oregon!

Old 02-16-2015, 09:09 AM

1,376 posts, read 1,312,185 times
Quote:

Don't get me wrong - I love the States and lived there for years (in Aspen), but economically and politically, the U.S. is in deep, deep trouble. Here's a video that might interest you.

Jim Rickards: Project Prophecy

We're in worse shape now than in the depths of The Great Depression.

Couple the secular view with the fact that we're in the year of the Shemitah. If you've heard of the book The Harbinger then you are familiar with its author Jonathan Cahn (who has never yet been wrong in his predictions), and his new book The Mystery of the Shemitah is... remarkable.

Here's an interview with Rabbi Johnathan Cahn (conducted by Sid Roth, who I'm not a fan of, but if you can ignore the initial hype of the show and just listen to Jonathan, it will be well worth your while). Regardless of the expression of your faith, this information is of immeasurable importance to both your financial survival and your physical survival.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOuwYq5GNR4
These guys are frauds.

Last edited by CanuckInPortland; 02-16-2015 at 09:50 AM..

Old 02-16-2015, 03:38 PM

Quote:
This isn't a contest, John (and I'm not even Canadian). I didn't offer you my opinion, I purposely gave you the opinions of (arguably) the top men in their fields for you to consider.

The world is in a terrible state and we're headed for a fall. We couldn't be any closer to the edge of the cliff economically (or spiritually), and I hoped by sharing the above you would learn of the imminent dangers we face. I tried.

Blessings,

Mahrie.

If you want to believe these nut cases, so be it. As I said, the US economy and the global economy are not in good shape but the US economy is definitely better than Canada, Japan, and Europe.

Old 02-19-2015, 07:51 PM

2,253 posts, read 3,718,834 times
Funny how this thread has become about some rabbi. I don't really think of Seattle or Vancouver as particularly "Jewish" cities.

Old 02-19-2015, 07:59 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,486,569 times
Vancouver is the better city, more clean, more to do, larger central core.... Seattle is more successful being home to some of the worlds largest companies (Amazon and Microsoft)

Old 02-19-2015, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Vancouver is the better city, more clean, more to do, larger central core.... Seattle is more successful being home to some of the worlds largest companies (Amazon and Microsoft)
You forgot Boeing and I certainly don't think that Vancouver is any cleaner than Seattle,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Vancouver