Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Vancouver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2018, 02:07 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times

Advertisements

Daughter sent me an interesting website for Vancouvers best dining, i think she is hinting i should make a visit

https://www.straight.com/goldenplate...er-restaurants
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2018, 02:21 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,536,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Daughter sent me an interesting website for Vancouvers best dining, i think she is hinting i should make a visit

https://www.straight.com/goldenplate...er-restaurants
Reader's Choice so take your chances LOL

Nando's best chicken?

Top of Vancouver Revolving Restaurant and Cactus Club ( a chain ) as best Continental???

Hmmmmm.

Old 03-09-2018, 03:43 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,013,815 times
Jambo, even if you've never been to Vancouver, you know how you can tell this list is crap? This:

Best Fries
1. Fritz European Fry House
2. Belgian Fries
3. McDonald's

All of those public-opinion polls are lousy. They're likely given a multiple-choice list that only includes a handful of restaurants in each category and is likely going to feature chains and the most economically accessible places. It's a popularity contest. It's like the difference between The People's Choice Awards for movies or The Academy Awards.

If you go visit your daughter (and you should, proud papa), ask in this forum about good restaurants. Nat will tell you. (I remember the sushi place, Nat, and I'm still planning to meet you there!)

Old 03-09-2018, 04:30 PM

Sorry

Old 03-09-2018, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Sorry
Nothing to be sorry for -- just didn't want you going to crappy place when there are so many good restaurants.

Old 03-10-2018, 02:53 AM

You guys must really get around to be so familiar as to trash all these restaurants, are all the restaurants in Vancouver crappy places?

Old 03-10-2018, 05:26 AM

Quote:
You guys must really get around to be so familiar as to trash all these restaurants, are all the restaurants in Vancouver crappy places?
I'm just saying that those "reader's choice" lists are crappy (hence McDonald's being on the list). They're lists compiled for little newspapers or magazines. We had the same type of thing in Connecticut and Massachusetts -- and the results were laughable -- and probably in Montreal too. They shouldn't be used as a guide to the "best" of anything. They're not compiled by restaurant or food aficionados. Look how many times McDonald's appears in that list... hmmmm.

Old 03-10-2018, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMTL View Post
I'm just saying that those "reader's choice" lists are crappy (hence McDonald's being on the list). They're lists compiled for little newspapers or magazines. We had the same type of thing in Connecticut and Massachusetts -- and the results were laughable -- and probably in Montreal too. They shouldn't be used as a guide to the "best" of anything. They're not compiled by restaurant or food aficionados. Look how many times McDonald's appears in that list... hmmmm.
For many MacDonalds is a good place to get some fries,not my cup of tea but their corporate success would merit a note from many. I thought the article was well put together, its a personal preference type of thing i'm sure theres restaurants listed i would like others not but i'm not knowledgeable enough to say the whole link is crap. I'm going to have to get out there and try them all for myself,the heck with the diet eh

Old 03-10-2018, 09:02 AM

Quote:
For many MacDonalds is a good place to get some fries,not my cup of tea but their corporate success would merit a note from many. I thought the article was well put together, its a personal preference type of thing i'm sure theres restaurants listed i would like others not but i'm not knowledgeable enough to say the whole link is crap. I'm going to have to get out there and try them all for myself,the heck with the diet eh
Hahaha! YES!! Try them all!!

I'm not saying the whole link is crap. Those polls are based on the demographics of the magazine/newspaper readership. It's a people's poll, based on preference. Hey, I love McDonald's fries but they're not the best that I've tasted; the best that I've had wouldn't make the list because the restaurant isn't a well-known place.

Tell Nat when you're going for sushi in Vancouver and you'll be sent to a great place, that's all I'm saying.

Old 03-10-2018, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMTL View Post
Hahaha! YES!! Try them all!!

I'm not saying the whole link is crap. Those polls are based on the demographics of the magazine/newspaper readership. It's a people's poll, based on preference. Hey, I love McDonald's fries but they're not the best that I've tasted; the best that I've had wouldn't make the list because the restaurant isn't a well-known place.

Tell Nat when you're going for sushi in Vancouver and you'll be sent to a great place, that's all I'm saying.
My daughter loves sushi and frequently visits a place called Kishimotos.
Whats not to like = https://www.kishimotorestaurant.com/full-menu-1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Vancouver