U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 04:48 AM

202 posts, read 485,902 times

Advertisements

I was simply wondering what other vegans ate as a part of their daily diet. I try to eat certain things everyday; mainly black beans, broccoli, apples, and some type of soy product.

What about you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2011, 05:53 AM

5,339 posts, read 8,047,107 times
Brown rice, romaine lettuce, cilantro and whatever fresh veggies I can get.

Old 08-07-2011, 04:03 PM

24,001 posts, read 32,857,886 times
I'm not 100% vegan; I occasionally have dairy/eggs, but I eat a mostly vegan diet.

Top of the list for me are veggies...summer squash, zucchini, eggplant, tomatoes, mushrooms, quinoa, the usual suspects.

Old 08-07-2011, 07:51 PM

428 posts, read 1,049,702 times
I usually have bran flakes, apple, bananas, some type of sandwich (usually hummus or tofurky with various veggies, broccoli, some type of bean, and usually a grain. I often have soup as well, vegetable or spicy black bean, or homemade greens soup made with kale or collards.

Old 08-11-2011, 01:40 PM

4,639 posts, read 5,102,270 times
Soaked raw almonds, veggie cheddar, black eyed peas, lima beans, napa cabbage, tofu scrambler, tabouli, sunflower seed butter, agave, sun dried tomatoes, brown rice, buckwheat, quinoa, etc. Fruit. veggie juiced.

Old 08-15-2011, 12:16 PM

5,129 posts, read 10,265,018 times
walnuts, whole grain bread, lots of veggies, my recent addition are kale chips, I loooove them. But they are expensive, if you buy them.

forum rules, please read them

Old 08-15-2011, 07:40 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,746,980 times
Lentils, apples, corn, PB&J, wheat bread, coffee, beets, fennel, sweet potatoes, wheat cereal, onions, green peppers, carrots

Old 08-20-2011, 07:52 PM

105 posts, read 499,103 times
Tazo decaf green tea with Truvia
distilled water
apple and orange and banana (smoothies, sometimes, with wheat grass), or strawberries
grits in the morning, with potatoes and salsa
peanut butter (made in a food processor, no salt)
hemp milk
LF wheat thins
some form of legumes: split pea soup with corn, or beans, black-eyed peas
brown rice
tomatoes
greens
hummus or tabouli
eight different vegan supplements: D, B12, multi, calcium, etc.
sometimes I juice: carrot, apples, etc.

Old 08-26-2011, 11:26 AM

554 posts, read 1,353,280 times
I'm not 100% vegan, but darn close. I won't eat red meat. I rarely if ever eat chicken. I like skim milk and eggs, but for the most part I really don't eat much dairy either.

For breakfast I'll have 2 strips of turkey bacon, 2 scrambled eggs with some onions or tomatoes mixed in and a small glass of orange juice.

Every single day I juice around noon instead of eating lunch. I use 1/2 a lemon, 1 or 2 apples, 2 carrots, 3 celery stalks, a handful of mixed fresh herbs (parsley, cilantro, etc) 1 Roma tomato, a big chunk of zucchini (seeded), a few leaves of either rainbow kale or chard (or whatever leafy greens are on sale at the farmers market). If I don't have the kale or chard I use spinach leaves and lettuce. That usually makes about 16 oz of juice. And that's just my summer blend.

The rest of the day I'll have a small fresh fruit salad (kiwi, banana & peaches), some kind of cooked/steamed veggie with either a veggie burger or a small fresh caught salmon steak (coated in spices and flax seed, no egg). Sometimes I'll just eat a half of squash instead just to keep it simple and quick.

If I'm in the mood, for dessert I make a non-dairy frozen fruit smoothie. Usually it's frozen strawberries and about a cup of light cranberry juice. Or it could be frozen bananas with skim milk.

And those are my usual daily foods.

Old 09-09-2011, 11:44 AM

616 posts, read 729,147 times
Blended Green drink for breakfast - Kale, Pineapple, Apple, Orange and Coconut Oil.

Fruit for lunch - Apples, Grapes, plums, mango, etc..

Grains and soups for dinner - Brown Rice, Mashed real potatoes, seasoned Eggplant warmed a little in the skillett, homemade soup and/or cornbread. Mashed black beans, black eye peas, etc..

NadaMoo Chocolate Ice Cream for dessert...yummmm or another Green drink

Everyday and all Organic...mix it up. some days Rice others Beans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food