U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 10:24 PM

18,586 posts, read 23,126,842 times

Advertisements

Nothing zealous about wanting to eat clean and wholesome food. If a Pizza has bacon on half of it, the fat from the bacon - the slaughtered pig to me, is liable to run on to the other half. That is pretty repulsive to me.

Those of you who are on this site and want us to lie are, I think being overly sensitive.

When people become friends, they will soon learn that a steak house is not a place to meet a veg*n for dinner. Your family will learn too.

We are not rude, but we do not see the reason to lie.

I generally say "I don't eat animal products" that does not even use the dreaded "V" words.

Similarly, I am frequently asked why.

My answer is always the same "for ethical reasons". And that is the TRUTH.

If that offends anyone they need to look into their diet not mine!

Old 08-09-2012, 07:42 PM

20,388 posts, read 37,697,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamatomic View Post
jazzcat made a wonderful point. I know that I for one don't go into clearly non-vegetarian threads and start criticizing omnivores for their dietary, ethical and lifestyle choices... so why are we getting attacked for ours?
You may not, glamatomic, but there are those (including one on this very thread) who do, indeed, go on threads not in this part of C-D and attack quite rudely and give omnivores a very hard time, indeed, in their quest to appear superior. Those are the ones the vegans and vegetarians should be looking at as the cause of the problem, really, because those are the ones, not the ones like you describe yourself, who generate the "bad press" and cause the reactions you experience. That's what people have been trying to tell you, I think - it's a reaction to that kind of behavior on the part of some of your compatriots.

Old 08-09-2012, 08:57 PM

11,151 posts, read 14,116,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
You may not, glamatomic, but there are those (including one on this very thread) who do, indeed, go on threads not in this part of C-D and attack quite rudely and give omnivores a very hard time, indeed, in their quest to appear superior. Those are the ones the vegans and vegetarians should be looking at as the cause of the problem, really, because those are the ones, not the ones like you describe yourself, who generate the "bad press" and cause the reactions you experience. That's what people have been trying to tell you, I think - it's a reaction to that kind of behavior on the part of some of your compatriots.
Then you should report those posts as off-topic and let the moderator handle them.

Don't bring your fight here.

Thanks.

Old 08-10-2012, 04:59 AM

2,727 posts, read 707,839 times
Well said, Dark! It wouldn't let me rep you...

Old 08-10-2012, 10:20 AM

2,748 posts, read 3,322,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
Why is it that on a forum devoted to vegetarian and vegan eating should we be be "looking at the cause of the problem?" What problem?

You don't get it. Most of us have ETHICAL reasons for abstaining from meat. The way the animals are treated and slaughters makes it disgusting.

I think that YOU feel guilty. Not us. We feel fine.

The world is changing and we will soon NOT be in the minority.

The meat industry generates it's own bad press. What some links? I can give you some. Or just look at You tube. Then try to enjoy a steak.

Old 08-10-2012, 10:31 AM

8,698 posts, read 11,799,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark of the Moon View Post
Then you should report those posts as off-topic and let the moderator handle them.

Don't bring your fight here.

Thanks.
I don't think the point was to bring the fight here but to provide a possible explanation as to why a considerable amount of arguments occur in the first place - the topic of the thread. At least that is what I took from it. Indeed, I have met some that are their own worst problem.

Old 08-10-2012, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
I don't think the point was to bring the fight here but to provide a possible explanation as to why a considerable amount of arguments occur in the first place - the topic of the thread. At least that is what I took from it. Indeed, I have met some that are their own worst problem.
If it were just this thread, I'd agree. However, you'll find the same comments posted in numerous threads throughout this forum.

And, to be precise, the topic of the thread is whether vegetarians find that people argue with them about their dietary choices, so non-vegetarians really aren't in a position to answer the question, eh?

Old 08-10-2012, 11:49 AM

Quote:
If it were just this thread, I'd agree. However, you'll find the same comments posted in numerous threads throughout this forum.
Right? That is what I gathered from THL's comment, that it happens often by her writing "threads." At least enough to note it and suggest that as an plausible explanation. I think she was just making an observation of instances of that occurring.

Old 08-10-2012, 11:53 AM

Quote:

And, to be precise, the topic of the thread is whether vegetarians find that people argue with them about their dietary choices, so non-vegetarians really aren't in a position to answer the question, eh?
Oh, I don't know, you can miss the elephant in the room when only hearing hearing from our own perspective.

Old 08-10-2012, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
Oh, I don't know, you can miss the elephant in the room when only hearing hearing from our own perspective.
I don't disagree; but still maintain that many of the comments are purely argumentative. And I'll leave it at that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food