Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2018, 05:03 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,447,648 times

Advertisements

We only get them about once a year or so, maybe a little more often. I buy them in packages that hold about 8 burgers I guess. I don't even know the brand, but usually get them at Sam's or WalMart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2018, 06:12 AM

5,346 posts, read 9,829,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I've tried many veggie burgers over the last 20+ years of being vegetarian and now vegan and Beyond Burger is the only one I have found that I like. I flatten it out and cook it well done, it's the best that way. I no longer waste money on any others.
I first had a Beyond Burger in a restaurant. I always inquire if the veggie burger is house made before I order because if it isn’t I will order a portobello or something else instead. But this restaurant had received so many positive reviews for the veggie burger that I didn’t ask before ordering.

It was served what would be considered medium rare if it had been a beef burger, and I told the server it was one of the best veggie burgers I had ever had. I was stunned to hear that it was a Beyond Burger, which I had never tried because I had stopped buying frozen veggie burgers. I went right out the next day and bought several packages so I could have my family and friends try them.

Interesting that you line them well done. I cook them according to the package directions and they stay thick and juicy. Back when I used to eat meat (nearly 20 years ago) I liked my beef rare, and the texture and taste of the Beyond Burger remind me of an actual burger, and no other frozen or refrigerated burger ever has.

I will mention your cooking method to one of my friends who liked well done beef so she can try it.

Old 08-30-2018, 07:34 PM

9,479 posts, read 12,258,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missik999 View Post
I first had a Beyond Burger in a restaurant. I always inquire if the veggie burger is house made before I order because if it isn’t I will order a portobello or something else instead. But this restaurant had received so many positive reviews for the veggie burger that I didn’t ask before ordering.

It was served what would be considered medium rare if it had been a beef burger, and I told the server it was one of the best veggie burgers I had ever had. I was stunned to hear that it was a Beyond Burger, which I had never tried because I had stopped buying frozen veggie burgers. I went right out the next day and bought several packages so I could have my family and friends try them.

Interesting that you line them well done. I cook them according to the package directions and they stay thick and juicy. Back when I used to eat meat (nearly 20 years ago) I liked my beef rare, and the texture and taste of the Beyond Burger remind me of an actual burger, and no other frozen or refrigerated burger ever has.

I will mention your cooking method to one of my friends who liked well done beef so she can try it.
I never liked burgers or any meat to have any "pink" inside, I always asked for steaks medium well or well done. The first time I had Beyond Burger I cooked it according to the directions and hated it! I also don't care for them in restaurants as much because they cook it medium rare, even when I ask for it to be well done.

Old 08-31-2018, 02:43 PM

7,583 posts, read 6,052,104 times
Long ago, there was something similar to this

It was a vegetarian taco ix. My old lady would mix it up with hot wter, let it set for 10 minutes, then make it into patties and cook it as burgers. And it was delicious.

Old 08-31-2018, 02:58 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,295,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
We only get them about once a year or so, maybe a little more often. I buy them in packages that hold about 8 burgers I guess. I don't even know the brand, but usually get them at Sam's or WalMart.
nmnita would you kindly check and see if the brand is on her as my kids love veggie burgers and I would like to keep them around for their visits. Thank you in advance, regardless if you find them or not, sincerely.

https://www.walmart.com/c/kp/vegetarian-burgers

Old 08-31-2018, 05:57 PM

9,479 posts, read 12,258,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post

It was a vegetarian taco ix. My old lady would mix it up with hot wter, let it set for 10 minutes, then make it into patties and cook it as burgers. And it was delicious.
Generally known as TVP (textured vegetable protein) this kind of thing still exists

Old 09-02-2018, 06:40 PM

5,406 posts, read 3,440,120 times
Quote:
Beyond Burger is my new favorite. A very different texture and flavor than other veggie burgers.

Actually this is the only veggie burger that I buy any longer, other than Beyond Burger all I eat is house made.
In Miami, we can't buy the Beyond Burgers, they have been out of stock for months. Where are you that still sells them? I can't even find them on Amazon.

I can find the meat crumbles and chicken pieces in Publix or Whole Foods but not the burgers. Help!!

Old 09-02-2018, 07:31 PM

5,346 posts, read 9,829,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
In Miami, we can't buy the Beyond Burgers, they have been out of stock for months. Where are you that still sells them? I can't even find them on Amazon.

I can find the meat crumbles and chicken pieces in Publix or Whole Foods but not the burgers. Help!!
Our Whole Foods always has them. I just went there this afternoon to get them. Can your Whole Foods order them for you?

Old 09-02-2018, 08:09 PM

5,406 posts, read 3,440,120 times
Quote:
Our Whole Foods always has them. I just went there this afternoon to get them. Can your Whole Foods order them for you?
They told me they can't get them yet, but showed me the freezer that they will be in when they are able to! lol

Old 09-03-2018, 07:28 AM

4,927 posts, read 5,295,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post

Great idea, thanks LKC!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food