Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 11:41 AM

5,346 posts, read 9,854,170 times

Advertisements

While I don't eat them every day, veggie burgers are a quick, tasty and portable meal.

They have improved so much, and there is now great variety in the stores. Just yesterday I noticed a few new brands in the organic foods section at my grocery.

Here are some of my favorites:

Morningstar Farms Grillers Prime - great for cooking on the grill, but higher in fat than most others

Morningstar Farms Black Bean veggie burger

Quorn Chick'n Patties (ok not a burger)

Dr. Praegar's Tex Mex burgers

Dr. Praegar's California burgers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2012, 02:03 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,025,722 times
Morningstar: Chipotle Black Bean Burger.

Costco Business Delivery - Morningstar Chipotle Black Bean Burger 12/4.2 oz

They're actually the only veggie burger that I like -- except for the Money's mushroom one that I had in Vancouver a million years ago -- and I had one for dinner last night with some tortellini. 'Twas delicious.

Old 06-26-2012, 03:29 PM

2,744 posts, read 4,233,451 times
Boca Burger original are good. In fact all Boca products are pretty good.

Old 06-26-2012, 03:58 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,832,878 times
I always liked GardenBurger and, when I can find it, Fantastic Foods' Nature Burger mix. Yum!

For some people, though, the ultimate veggie burger is simply a portobello mushroom, lightly grilled, and served with the toppings of your choice on a whole grain bun .....

Old 06-26-2012, 06:54 PM

5,346 posts, read 9,854,170 times
Thanks, I will try some of these suggestions for variety. Sometimes I just get in the mood for a veggie burger on whole grain bread, with a smear of hummus or guacamole and some lettuce, tomato and red onion.

I haven't ever seen the fantastic foods Nature Burger mix, would love to try that!

I just looked at their website, lots of products I would like to try. No locations in my state, however, so I will have to order online.

Old 06-27-2012, 01:24 AM

261 posts, read 497,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark of the Moon View Post
I always liked GardenBurger and, when I can find it, Fantastic Foods' Nature Burger mix. Yum!

For some people, though, the ultimate veggie burger is simply a portobello mushroom, lightly grilled, and served with the toppings of your choice on a whole grain bun .....
I agree a portabella mushroom on the grill with a bit of crushed garlic, a dash of lemon juice, and maybe a crumble of feta cheese is one of my faces, but now and then the veg burgers are more satisfying when I'm really hungry.

Old 07-06-2012, 08:43 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,900,516 times
SOL burgers from canada. I buy at Sunflower market. I wrap in foil with a tiny bit of water, and bake them. Plain vegan BOCA. I don't like my patties to be tough and chewy like meat. I boil the Boca vegan, tear into pieces, and chuck into my noodle dishes.

Old 07-07-2012, 09:00 AM

1,019 posts, read 2,892,621 times
I do like the Morningstar Black Bean burger. If I am picking a plain old soy burger, I would go with the Boca original vegan. But, if I was voting for my number one choice, I would have to go with those who said the portobella mushroom.

Old 07-07-2012, 02:50 PM

588 posts, read 1,438,876 times
Morningstar Farms Black Bean or Gardenburger.

I abhor Boca's burgers (all of them), all of the regular Morningstar burgers, and any of the others that are meant to taste like meat. GROSS!

Old 07-07-2012, 05:49 PM

3,763 posts, read 8,751,351 times
I made a burger yesterday that was very easy & turned out surprisingly great.

I cooked red potatoes, then mashed them in their skins adding a little rice milk & a box of mori-nu tofu. Mashed it all up well. Formed patties. Fried in a olive oil until crispy on the outside.

We loved them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food