Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 09:10 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,570,350 times

Advertisements

Vegans are annoying especially at a restaurant where it takes them an hour to find something they can eat. Why go then? Oh no, they just go to aggravate the whole party. I have had it. I will stay home if they go. It's gotten that bad.

Old 08-16-2017, 09:30 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,540,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
Many years ago my late wife and I acquired several chickens as pets. We got them to have fresh egg, but we knew we could never harm an animal who lived with us. It quickly went beyond that. We could no longer eat chickens nor any other birds. I think the solution is to introduce children to animals whom people commonly eat. Some won't care, but others will. Suppose that the number of vegetarians and vegans doubled? Think how many lives would be saved.
I have even better idea. Introduce children to a patch of land before it becomes an organic field to grow greens to aware customers. Kids should have a clue what it takes to grow food in the most ecologically sound, compassionate ways possible. It takes massive extermination & starvation of plants and animals for any type of agriculture to produce.

Old 08-16-2017, 09:42 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,540,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Vegans are annoying especially at a restaurant where it takes them an hour to find something they can eat. Why go then? Oh no, they just go to aggravate the whole party. I have had it. I will stay home if they go. It's gotten that bad.
Many vegans are psychotic bombs waiting to explode if you do not stroke their sensitive feathers the right way. Psychotic intolerance of vegans is not a myth, something is going on with their psyche. We can argue whether it is dietary, inborn predisposition of psychotic, sensitive types for veganism or self "holier than them" conditioning, but vegans deny it all even while blowing up to pieces right at the time they deny it.

Old 08-16-2017, 09:42 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,513,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
I have even better idea. Introduce children to a patch of land before it becomes an organic field to grow greens to aware customers. Kids should have a clue what it takes to grow food in the most ecologically sound, compassionate ways possible. It takes massive extermination & starvation of plants and animals for any type of agriculture to produce.
It's about not eating animals—nothing else.

Old 08-16-2017, 09:51 PM

30,286 posts, read 51,725,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoLikeable View Post
Not really valid if the choice kills you
Yeah it is. I choose to smoke, despite all the evidence that it's bad for me... but that doesn't make my choice any less VALID, even if you could call it stupid. Valid simply means it legally and logically exists, especially when we're talking about something that could be debated.

You might argue that eating dairy and meat "kills us," but somehow billions of people survive into old age without being vegan. So whose opinion on this subject is more or less valid? Dunno. But as an adult who pays for my own food, I have every right to eat what I want - preferably without being lectured by other people for it. And while I'm not much of a meat eater, you'll have to pry the cheese and ice cream from my cold dead hands!

Old 08-16-2017, 09:56 PM

35,512 posts, read 17,676,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoLikeable View Post
Not really valid if the choice kills you
Why do you think being an omnivore kills you?

Kind of bizarre, actually. Humans are omnivores. Like bears.

Old 08-17-2017, 07:57 AM

1,636 posts, read 1,210,902 times
To answer the OP question:

Many vegans' diets are a religion they proselytize to other people... annoying individuals.

The majority of vegans look frail, vitamin deficient, and seem physically and mentally unhealthy.

In this world, herbivores are eaten by carnivores. Unhealthy herbivores are culled immediately.

Old 08-17-2017, 08:34 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,495,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Many vegans are psychotic bombs waiting to explode if you do not stroke their sensitive feathers the right way. Psychotic intolerance of vegans is not a myth, something is going on with their psyche. We can argue whether it is dietary, inborn predisposition of psychotic, sensitive types for veganism or self "holier than them" conditioning, but vegans deny it all even while blowing up to pieces right at the time they deny it.

There are a number of studies showing that mental health issues are more prevalent among vegetarians (when corrected for by other confounding variables) than the population at large. The studies, as far as I know, don't break out vegans as a group tho.

This is a German study from 2012 but there are a bunch more:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3466124/

Also not sure what that does to SoLikables' black-or-white "valid choice" theory.

Old 08-17-2017, 09:35 AM

9,478 posts, read 12,213,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detachable arm View Post

The majority of vegans look frail, vitamin deficient, and seem physically and mentally unhealthy.
I know a LOT of vegans, none of which look frail and unhealthy in the least bit. My skin and hair actually look BETTER since going vegan.

Old 08-17-2017, 09:39 AM

9,478 posts, read 12,213,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
I've been vegetarian nearly 20 years, and recently went vegan. The only time I have not been able to find something to eat was when I was with a work group and they decided at the last minute to go to a full on BBQ place where EVERYTHING has meat, is cooked in meat, etc. Vegetarians/vegans know what they can eat and I am willing to bet that anyone can scan a menu quickly and figure out what to order, unless they are very new to it and haven't quite figured out how yet. When my boyfriend and I go out to eat I always know what I want to eat first because I can quickly zero in on what is there for me.

If I am going to a new place, I look up the menu online and make a plan. it's not that difficult.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food