U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2019, 05:39 PM

62 posts, read 17,253 times

Advertisements

I got an insta pot for Christmas and a couple of cook books to go with it but there are very few vegetarian recipes. Can anyone recommend good insta pot vegetarian cook books or links to good insta pot recipes? Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2019, 06:21 AM

9,016 posts, read 9,444,931 times
I have a friend that would not be happy with this thread. "Instapot" is one of her triggers. She'd be saying "It's not instapot, it's Instant Pot!"

https://www.noracooks.com/vegetarian...t-pot-recipes/

https://www.theedgyveg.com/2018/05/3...t-pot-recipes/

http://instantpoteats.com/vegetarian...t-pot-recipes/

https://www.purewow.com/food/easy-ve...nt-pot-recipes

https://www.self.com/gallery/meatles...nt-pot-dinners

Old 01-17-2019, 03:49 PM

62 posts, read 17,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
Whoops, sorry for the faux pas. Maybe I should just call it a pressure cooker. But then my aunts think Iíve taken up canning. Haha. Hopefully your friend doesnít see my post. I have my own trigger words and I can relate to the frustration.

Thank you for the links. Iíll check them out now.

Old 01-19-2019, 10:19 AM

55,566 posts, read 54,174,429 times
Just seems like one more fancy kitchen gadget I really don't need.

Old 01-19-2019, 10:31 AM

15,896 posts, read 8,124,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Just seems like one more fancy kitchen gadget I really don't need.
I had been seriously considering buying it, mainly for cooking beans. (Right now I use canned.) But I finally decided, after watching countless YouTube videos, that it probably makes more sense to get a stovetop pressure cooker. The really good ones are expensive, so Iíll be eating canned beans for a good long while yet.

Old 01-19-2019, 01:12 PM

55,566 posts, read 54,174,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I had been seriously considering buying it, mainly for cooking beans. (Right now I use canned.) But I finally decided, after watching countless YouTube videos, that it probably makes more sense to get a stovetop pressure cooker. The really good ones are expensive, so I’ll be eating canned beans for a good long while yet.
I'm thinking about making my easy "mixture" of canned black beans, rice, and diced tomatoes along with whatever other odds and ends I've got to feed myself this weekend. I've got some dried beans, too, but I was home in NJ this week and running around doing some work and having some medical stuff done and picking up my dd and her bf from the airport, and my plans to travel back to the alternate universe have been delayed because of weather, so I resolved to be a slug this weekend. So far, I've stuck to the resolution.

Old 01-20-2019, 01:36 PM

291 posts, read 96,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkingLiberty1919D View Post
I got an insta pot for Christmas and a couple of cook books to go with it but there are very few vegetarian recipes. Can anyone recommend good insta pot vegetarian cook books or links to good insta pot recipes? Thank you.
My wife bought one, and we really like it. At first I was skeptical and thought, "oh great another kitchen appliance". I couldn't go without a instant pot, kitchen aid food processor, or Yonana.

Instant pot: 1lb dry lentils, 6 cups vegetable broth, garlic, onion, carrots. That's once of my favorites, usually lasts 2-3 days. You can also make dry chickpeas. They get soft in the instant pot. Once they're done I put them in a food processor for homemade hummus. Another fav is making steel cut/rolled traditional oatmeal in the instant pot with cut up apple. The apple melts right into the oatmeal and tastes great. Put it in a bowl and top with blueberries, walnuts, etc.

The Yonana makes what tastes like ice cream but it's 100% fruit. It's better than a blender, because you don't have to deal with finding the right mixture of liquid/solid food. You can add cacao, frozen banana, and it tastes like chocolate ice cream but so much healthier. You press the frozen banana into the machine and it grinds it into an ice cream like texture.

Old 01-20-2019, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I'm thinking about making my easy "mixture" of canned black beans, rice, and diced tomatoes along with whatever other odds and ends I've got to feed myself this weekend. I've got some dried beans, too, but I was home in NJ this week and running around doing some work and having some medical stuff done and picking up my dd and her bf from the airport, and my plans to travel back to the alternate universe have been delayed because of weather, so I resolved to be a slug this weekend. So far, I've stuck to the resolution.
Hope the medical stuff is nothing serious and sorry you didnít get to make your trip. But congrats on maintaining slug status. That is commendable.

Old 01-20-2019, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkingLiberty1919D View Post
Iím sure youíve already done this, but just in case, do check out YouTube. When I was trying to decide whether or not to buy one I ran across a few recipes there.

Old 05-22-2019, 02:36 AM

1 posts, read 93 times
Post Discover Gluten Free Food Online | Healthy Snacks for Diet

I tried some of the recipes from India. They were easy to cook and healthy. My misconception about the packaged food products was wiped away after researching some net. These healthy packaged foods were awesome and tasty. I got these products form skyroots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food