Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2021, 07:08 PM

3 posts, read 2,619 times

Advertisements

Also, I don't know about Webstaurant but will internet search it. Thanks for another tip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2021, 03:23 PM

1,262 posts, read 664,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexsreine View Post
Also, I don't know about Webstaurant but will internet search it. Thanks for another tip.
Webstaraunt is an online restaurant supply house that sells amongst other things, bulk food items for usually excellent prices. The snag is shipping costs, so you must factor that into your total cost for each item. We try to order several items to keep total cost low for optimal savings. Everything we have gotten from them has been of excellent quality.

Old 05-16-2021, 08:54 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,683,966 times
I don't know why people need to eat "fake meat" of any sort. Just eat wholesome food. I don't care you are vegan or not. Eat wholesome, the more processed stuff you eat the worst it is for your health.

There is absolutely nothing healthy from a highly processed gmo plant based food. Organic and wholesome meat is more nutrient dense than any vegetable but if you are vegan you need to stay with a clean vegetarian product and away from these processed stuff. How is it healthy to eat like a fake meat burger that is loaded with processed stuff than simply eat an avocado or even have a nice baked potato.

Old 05-16-2021, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I don't know why people need to eat "fake meat" of any sort. Just eat wholesome food. I don't care you are vegan or not. Eat wholesome, the more processed stuff you eat the worst it is for your health.

There is absolutely nothing healthy from a highly processed gmo plant based food. Organic and wholesome meat is more nutrient dense than any vegetable but if you are vegan you need to stay with a clean vegetarian product and away from these processed stuff. How is it healthy to eat like a fake meat burger that is loaded with processed stuff than simply eat an avocado or even have a nice baked potato.
Vision33r, we get your point. You think the only good diet is yours. Well what foods people choose to eat is personal, it's just like religion.... we should all respect people's choices even if they are different from what we believe or choose... and why! If you have nothing positive to add to this vegan and vegetarian section, my suggestion is to take your personal debate to the debate section. I'm sure you'll find what you truly want there.

Old 02-14-2022, 05:13 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,898,927 times
I eat the fake meats, but I don't like breaded ones. Some of my fellow vegans love to rant and rave about how I am going to DIE if I enjoy one every now and then. It's ironic. I don't make demands of them, but if I mention oil, or fake meats, they have a fit. I can guarantee that many of them go to Asian restaurants, and chow down on plant based shrimp cooked in sesame oil.

Old 02-17-2022, 10:32 PM

4,621 posts, read 2,218,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellacatahoula View Post
While shopping at Kroger's today, Mrs B bought a pkg. of Kroger's Simple Truth's new lineup. It's billed as "Emerge" plant-based meatless grind. So to give it a good test, I fired up my PK charcoal grill, and made four patties, and seasoned them. I must say, the Emerge grind looks very much like ground chuck. Some vegans are put off by meaty tastes and appearances, but for us, as long as it's tasty and not bad for us, it's worth a try. These plant-based meats are not a regular portion of our diet, but occasionally we have Beyond sausages at home, and while eating out we will splurge on a Beyond burger at times, but it's really not our focus to eat processed foods. Obviously today was different, as we had Tater Tots, broccoli, and an Emerge burger. The verdict.... on a 1 - 10 scale, I'd give it a 6.5. It really wasn't meaty tasting, not bad tasting, but it tasted less like meat than it looked. Here are the nutritional numbers....
4 oz serving:
230 calories
Total fat 14 gr
Sat. fat 9gr
Cholesterol 0gr
Sodium 390mg
Protein 20gr
Not very healthy IMO, in all fairness tho, none of the commercial plant-based meats are healthy, but as a wfpb vegan, this sort of item is an occasional splurge for us. But we won't be buying this product again. My zesty black bean-barley burgers are far better.
I will say this tho, it's good to have options!

Here's a pic of our lunch plate.
Attachment 217223
junk food is junk food regardless of being vegan.

Old 09-14-2022, 12:54 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,898,927 times
The frozen crumbles are great in chili. My meat eating pals did not mind it. They swore it had to be meat. I also mix the crumbles with orzo, tomatoes, green pepper, and purple sauteed onion. Top with Vegan cheese shreds.

Old 09-14-2022, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankrigby View Post
junk food is junk food regardless of being vegan.
Hankrigby, your point is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food