U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 05:22 PM

146 posts, read 309,630 times

Advertisements

Tings, diet dry ginger ale, and a vegetable medley garden burger with onions, romaine, roma tomato, yellow onion, gulden's mustard, nayonaise and claussen pickels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 07:12 PM

4,093 posts, read 10,148,443 times
I had dehydrated flax seed crackers with plain avacado spread on it and then topped with mango salsa. These really fill me up.

I am really addicted to Costco's mango salsa!

The family had a Costco cheese pizza.

Dawn

Old 09-05-2008, 10:58 PM

19 posts, read 67,365 times
I'm getting VERY hungry reading this thread....and I just ate not too long ago!

Tonight I made pizzas...starting with whole wheat crusts. Tomato paste, onion chunks, broccoli, and Tofurkey sausage slices. And a big salad to go with it. Mmmmm good!

Old 09-06-2008, 03:27 PM

5,127 posts, read 10,241,093 times
I love whole wheat pizza . Feeling uninspired tonight, so I popped some fresh green beans and potatoes drizzled with lots of olive oil and lots of garlic into the oven. Will eat that and a nice whole wheat toast with sliced fresh tomatoes on it.

forum rules, please read them

Old 09-07-2008, 02:14 PM

4,628 posts, read 9,252,036 times
Here're the plans, anyway -

Stuffed peppers with grilled eggplant, mushrooms, lemon, onion and yellow corn mixture. Haven't tried this recipe yet, and I'm already tweeking it - here's hoping it turns out OK.

Either that, or my fav standby - pizza! It's pretty hot today, so maybe I won't fire up the old electric stove...

Wait, I know! If they stlll have the fresh fruit at Limbo's (veggies, herbs, spices & stuff store) I shall make a fruit smoothie : hemp milk, bananas, cantalope and strawberries (or blueberries - whatever they have) - with protein powder thrown in for good measure. It's summer time !!!

Old 09-07-2008, 06:47 PM

13,495 posts, read 34,009,008 times
Some of you sound like good cooks so I was wondering~do you share?

A gardenburger sounds good~I had a gardenburger deluxe for lunch yesterday.

Brunch was with relatives at a local restaurant. I had hashbrowns and toast. None of that group torment me about my eating choices, which is wonderful.

I was starving this afternoon so I had carrots and celery and veggie dip. I've been sitting at the computer snacking so I figured the candy has to go. Two pounds have joined me and I'll get carried away if I don't stop now. Winter is coming and it makes me hungry.

So far all I had tonight is toast, but I feel snacktime coming on.

Old 09-08-2008, 04:51 PM

6,048 posts, read 11,404,840 times
My husband made spaghetti sauce Saturday with tomatoes I'd meant to put up and didn't get to. We finished it up tonight on whole wheat spaghetti.

Old 09-08-2008, 07:38 PM

Tonight: had pasta with olive oil (mixture w/herbs, peppers, etc.), blueberries, and mango/papaya salsa with crackers. Too much talk about mangos on another thread, so I had to go out and get some mango salsa!

Old 09-09-2008, 01:10 PM

I feel the need to go out to a nice restaurant tonight. So, we'll head off to this particular restaurant, which serves gluten free dishes, vegetarian and vegan dishes (as well as meat things). Here's dinner:

Breaded fried eggplant rolled & stuffed with tofu “ricotta” on a bed of fresh housemade pasta topped with housemade marinara sauce.

They also have the world's best chocolate cake!

BTW, the chef has an open kitchen, so there're no worries about your meal being cooked or prepared on a surface that's been 'contaminated' with meat (for those of you who mentioned this in another thread).

Old 09-18-2008, 11:14 PM

19 posts, read 67,365 times
Sometimes simple is tasty!

Tonight my wife and I made Boca Chic burgers on whole wheat buns with tomatos, dark green lettuce, and avocado. The side was a big green salad.

I'm FULL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food