U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-07-2008, 03:18 PM
 
Location: The Woods
16,936 posts, read 22,223,319 times
Reputation: 9026

Advertisements

Humans were meant to eat meat (and vegetables and fruits and nuts). We're omnivores. Scientifically proven fact. The Inuit wouldn't of survived in the far North without eating meat and fish...but they in fact thrived on high meat/fish diets for centuries. The animal cruelty claims of anti-meat eating people/groups are false. We're a lot more humane towards animals we eat (generally speaking) than animals like wolves are towards what theye at.

As for store bought meat...between the hormones, antibiotics, taste enhancers, etc. used by the industrial agri giants, no thanks. I shoot (hunt and trap) my own meat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-07-2008, 03:33 PM
 
1,884 posts, read 4,110,334 times
Reputation: 2660
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Humans were meant to eat meat (and vegetables and fruits and nuts). We're omnivores. Scientifically proven fact. The Inuit wouldn't of survived in the far North without eating meat and fish...but they in fact thrived on high meat/fish diets for centuries. The animal cruelty claims of anti-meat eating people/groups are false. We're a lot more humane towards animals we eat (generally speaking) than animals like wolves are towards what theye at.

As for store bought meat...between the hormones, antibiotics, taste enhancers, etc. used by the industrial agri giants, no thanks. I shoot (hunt and trap) my own meat.
Great point. The meat we eat comes from our back yard, the kids raise it and we pay them for it. Excellent for learning where our food comes from and how to treat them. I also buy from groc. stores and my fav. butcher though......when we run out of a cut that we want.

Not as much "crap"(ie-hormones, anti's) go into your meat as you would think, at least not on our farm...too expensive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-07-2008, 03:51 PM
 
4,628 posts, read 9,259,039 times
Reputation: 4238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Cave Man View Post
We also have other "ventures" in larger cities, but that is irrelevant.
Well, it's not irrelevant to me. I would wholeheartedly support any company, whether I agreed with them or not, if they are honorable and treat the food that they grow with respect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Cave Man View Post
If I'm not busy, I'd be glad to show someone around to see what really happens.....that is if I'm not busy. I'll be done w/work today in about an hour..........day off as I see it. (and yes, it started at 4:30, at work)
So, you work hard. No one inferred that you didn't. To me, you sound a bit defensive about that. A lot of folks work very hard, not just farmers. BTW, I'm on Pacific time.

I told you I wasn't kidding, that I'd love to see your operation. Very funny that you'll be off of work in about an hour - 'putering takes a lot out of a farmer!

Is this an invitation to visit? Bring it on, pardner! I don't live in Kansas, as you might imagine. However, I've had cause to travel through your state four times within the past year or so. Another trip is not out of the question next spring -perhaps sooner. So, DM me a contact number or email, your business manager, your office, heck - anybody. I declare that I'm holding you to this - if you're not busy ~

Last edited by Wicked Felina; 09-07-2008 at 03:53 PM.. Reason: addtl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-07-2008, 03:55 PM
 
4,628 posts, read 9,259,039 times
Reputation: 4238
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Humans were meant to eat meat (and vegetables and fruits and nuts). We're omnivores. Scientifically proven fact. The Inuit wouldn't of survived in the far North without eating meat and fish...but they in fact thrived on high meat/fish diets for centuries. The animal cruelty claims of anti-meat eating people/groups are false. We're a lot more humane towards animals we eat (generally speaking) than animals like wolves are towards what theye at.

As for store bought meat...between the hormones, antibiotics, taste enhancers, etc. used by the industrial agri giants, no thanks. I shoot (hunt and trap) my own meat.
Hey, Artic, how're you doing? I think about you sometimes...hope you'll be able to keep posting when you make the big move! Talk at you later ~
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-07-2008, 04:18 PM
 
Location: The Woods
16,936 posts, read 22,223,319 times
Reputation: 9026
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeBee View Post
Hey, Artic, how're you doing? I think about you sometimes...hope you'll be able to keep posting when you make the big move! Talk at you later ~
Not doing bad. I'll still be able to post but just real infrequently. There's a place where I could get onto the net in the closest village, but trips there will not be often...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-07-2008, 09:40 PM
 
Location: Brusssels
1,933 posts, read 3,413,972 times
Reputation: 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Cave Man View Post
Humans have "evolved". If a cow doesn't want to be eaten, then she better figure out a way.

I guess I see you as a radical X, and there is not much to talk about w/a radical, IMHO.
So using your logic, dogs, cats, and maybe even children better figure out a way to survive. Are you serious? Come on.

Radical? LOL. The first to resort to name calling (instead of presenting a logical argument) loses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2008, 05:22 AM
 
1,884 posts, read 4,110,334 times
Reputation: 2660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
So using your logic, dogs, cats, and maybe even children better figure out a way to survive. Are you serious? Come on.

Radical? LOL. The first to resort to name calling (instead of presenting a logical argument) loses.
I put one of those smiley faces to show it was in fun. Maybe I should have said passionate, I appologize.

We raise our children until they can take care of themselves. Dogs and cats can survive, dogs eat rabbits and cats eat mice and birds around here. We feed them some, but they also have a job to do.

Just the way I see it anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2008, 08:40 AM
 
Location: Brusssels
1,933 posts, read 3,413,972 times
Reputation: 1895
I read that before my first cup of coffee - missed the smiley face.

I'm still waiting for a video link of our other friend here chasing down an animal and ripping it open its skin with his teeth, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2008, 09:30 AM
 
Location: Durham
1,032 posts, read 3,554,036 times
Reputation: 1288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
I read that before my first cup of coffee - missed the smiley face.

I'm still waiting for a video link of our other friend here chasing down an animal and ripping it open its skin with his teeth, etc.
You'll be waiting awhile; just because I think I could do it if my life depended upon it doesn't mean I'm gonna!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2008, 09:56 AM
 
1,884 posts, read 4,110,334 times
Reputation: 2660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
I read that before my first cup of coffee - missed the smiley face.

I'm still waiting for a video link of our other friend here chasing down an animal and ripping it open its skin with his teeth, etc.

I've seen it........I think it was on a Harry Potter movie.

Got to think'n, I've eaten dove and pheasant many times. Not exactly take'n down a steer, but .......

I understand your point X, not that I agree w/it, but I do understand your point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:24 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top