U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-28-2008, 06:21 PM

3 posts, read 13,829 times
Thumbs down FYI Kraft Cheese Deception

Just general information I thought other lacto-ovo Vegetarians should know. I emailed the Kraft company reguarding whether the enzymes they used were animal or microbial. The company sent me a standardized letter (which I noticed after careful digging alot of us have recieved.) stating that most of their cheese is made with microbial and the only ones that contain animal are the sharp and extra sharp varieties. THIS IS FALSE! I was so happy that I could have cheese again that I purchased some Kraft Select Singles American flavor. I was still a little wary so I called the consumer number on the package. I'm glad I did! They rep told me that that kind contained both microbial and animal. KRAFT NEEDS TO GET THEIR CRAP STRAIGHT and stop lying to the public EITHER YOU USE ANIMAL ENZYMES OR NOT! I am very upset by this and do not like being told bold faced lies. Sargento on the other hand were very helpful and they even post Vegetarian info on the site. There are several kinds of Sargento that only use microbial enzymes and in my opinion taste better than Krafts Death Cheese anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2008, 08:55 PM

945 posts, read 1,862,291 times
Hey there,
Thanks for doing the research and posting it here! These types of things bother me too but unfortunately it is just bound to happen!?

Guess we can't really trust a lot of companies even if we do research on them... UGH!

Old 10-29-2008, 04:09 PM

4,629 posts, read 5,854,502 times
Yes, sirree! Check this thread out, and the link I posted there...

Has Kellogg ruined Gardenburger?

Old 11-01-2008, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeBee View Post
Yes, sirree! Check this thread out, and the link I posted there...

Has Kellogg ruined Gardenburger?
Here are some sites that I have found usefull for my diet. Keep in mind it is very hard to keep track of what is vegetarian and what is not due to false info and such so before I grab a huge biteful I would do careful checking, go to the companies website and if they are not kind enough to have veggie info posted contact them via email or phone. Even then this info may be corrupt (as I have learned) So I am not responsible if the info is not accurate, I have personally checked some of the foods and cheeses on these sites by the company but who knows if the company is telling the truth? It's a nasty cycle Just go with your own gut feeling before you put it in your mouth. I just want to help people do there own checking into what they eat so here are some tools . Once again DO NOT GET MAD AT ME IF THE INFO ISN'T ALL CORRECT. I'm just trying to help others who have been hurt by the big corps.

THE VEGETARIAN RESOURCE GROUP -- FAST FOOD INFORMATION

www.cheese.joyousliving

Old 11-02-2008, 01:20 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,249,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeggieSluthe View Post
Here are some sites that I have found usefull for my diet. Keep in mind it is very hard to keep track of what is vegetarian and what is not due to false info and such so before I grab a huge biteful I would do careful checking, go to the companies website and if they are not kind enough to have veggie info posted contact them via email or phone. Even then this info may be corrupt (as I have learned) So I am not responsible if the info is not accurate, I have personally checked some of the foods and cheeses on these sites by the company but who knows if the company is telling the truth? It's a nasty cycle Just go with your own gut feeling before you put it in your mouth. I just want to help people do there own checking into what they eat so here are some tools . Once again DO NOT GET MAD AT ME IF THE INFO ISN'T ALL CORRECT. I'm just trying to help others who have been hurt by the big corps.

THE VEGETARIAN RESOURCE GROUP -- FAST FOOD INFORMATION

www.cheese.joyousliving
Thanks for looking into this and sharing it here on CD. No one should get mad at you if its not 100% accurate - we're all responsible for our own actions and choices. Besides, getting angry with someone who is offering information to others is just plain assinine.

Peace.

XP

Old 11-03-2008, 09:46 PM

Just correcting a link. the cheese list is Cheese List by Brand It should work now I noticed it wouldn't take you to the main page It had to get all specific lol

Old 11-06-2008, 08:23 PM

83 posts, read 162,149 times
I haven't thought of Kraft Cheese after i have read all the articles posted in here..

Old 08-14-2009, 04:16 PM

17 posts, read 21,877 times
Cabot also makes cheeses that are made with microbial enzymes. I buy it at Martin's. They have several cheddar cheeses that are very good. Those come in 8 oz. blocks. They used to carry Cabot sliced swiss made without rennett, but they don't any more.

Old 08-14-2009, 07:33 PM

2,143 posts, read 4,993,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 53lisa View Post
Cabot also makes cheeses that are made with microbial enzymes. I buy it at Martin's. They have several cheddar cheeses that are very good. Those come in 8 oz. blocks. They used to carry Cabot sliced swiss made without rennett, but they don't any more.
I love Cabot cheese.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food