Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 05:38 PM

1,483 posts, read 1,803,259 times

Advertisements

I absolutely love vegetables, and I ordered a vegetarian magazine thinking it would give me good recepies for vegetables, But so far most of the recepies are lots of breads and pizzas and pastas, and very little on vegtables, I was so disapointed. what magazine would you suggest?
Im not a vegetatarian but I could easily be one fi I didnt have a meat eating husband.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2008, 05:47 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,081,464 times
Hate to push one of the "big guys" but "Cooking Light" has many healthy, tasty recipes that include or highlight vegetables. I find many of their non-veggie recipes easy to modify as well.

Old 12-26-2008, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidmom View Post
Hate to push one of the "big guys" but "Cooking Light" has many healthy, tasty recipes that include or highlight vegetables. I find many of their non-veggie recipes easy to modify as well.
Thankyou i'll have to peek at one next time I go shopping

Old 12-26-2008, 06:44 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,792,425 times
Instead of getting a magazine, you might want to try some of the online recipe sites for vegetable suggestions:

VegWeb

VegCooking

Produce for Better Health Foundation

VegKitchen

I know there's MANY more sites out there -- I found these with just a quick search.

Good luck, and be sure to let us know of any fabulous recipes you find!

Old 12-26-2008, 07:05 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,081,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeezeboxgal View Post
Instead of getting a magazine, you might want to try some of the online recipe sites for vegetable suggestions:

VegWeb

VegCooking

Produce for Better Health Foundation

VegKitchen

I know there's MANY more sites out there -- I found these with just a quick search.

Good luck, and be sure to let us know of any fabulous recipes you find!

Great tips.

Also, "vegetarian -plus whatever ingredients you want to use" into google and you will be amazed at what you find.

I still love cookbooks and cooking magazines, but 9 times out of 10, when I need a recipe pronto that is the method I use.

Old 12-26-2008, 07:12 PM

Thanks squeezboxgal, I have forgotten how much the web has grown in information. there was a time you couldnt really find anything., thankyou for the link, I will take a look and or join a few and like plaidmom says I too like magazines and cookbooks and I do look online for many a recepie too

Old 12-26-2008, 10:24 PM

2,542 posts, read 6,893,222 times
My friend and I use VegWeb all the time. Although they did change their search feature a little while back and it seems a little harder to use. But, nonetheless, it is still a great resource. I especially like the comments section (under each recipe) and how people leave such helpful info there--like whether one thing worked or didn't or that leaving out one ingredient was okay or to cook it at a lower temp, etc.

I unabashedly love Vegetarian Times, but perhaps that was the magazine you didn't like? I have found many recipes I liked in there and love the quick recipe index in the back.

Old 12-27-2008, 03:14 PM

8,358 posts, read 25,165,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle1210 View Post
I absolutely love vegetables, and I ordered a vegetarian magazine thinking it would give me good recepies for vegetables, But so far most of the recepies are lots of breads and pizzas and pastas, and very little on vegtables, I was so disapointed. what magazine would you suggest?
Im not a vegetatarian but I could easily be one fi I didnt have a meat eating husband.
This seems odd....that you would assume that a 'vegetarian magazine' would contain many recipes for....vegetables. If you want a magazine, and want one that caters to vegetable recipes, than I would suggest anything that has to do with light, healthy or diabetic cooking.

vegsource.com, in my opinion, is the best place for vegan and vegetarian recipes on the planet. The site seemed to be down for a really long time, but their old recipe archive, if it is still available, was the shiv (look up vegan cheese). Chef Deb rules and if you ask her how to turn a family favorite into a vegetarian or vegan dish, she will post back with a recipe.

Old 01-02-2009, 03:43 PM

30 posts, read 109,771 times
My favorite blog/site is 101cookbooks.com.

Old 01-03-2009, 07:23 AM

1,495 posts, read 5,033,821 times
VEGNEWS is a great magazine you can find at Whole foods
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food