U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2012, 12:26 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,080,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
TDNA, can you post the root veggie pie recipe? Please?
Yeah, sorry. I'll post the recipe next time I make it. I don't have it written down. Things have been hectic and I forgot all about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2012, 04:38 PM

37,690 posts, read 55,360,122 times
Default Mini Pot Pies

A great and easy vegetarian recipe
Lisa’s Mini Pot Pies

You might also like:
Generation Y Foodie: Lemon Kale Fettuccine

Foodista | 3 Ingredient Recipe: Penne with Goat Cheese and Basil
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Macon, Duluth, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 03-14-2012, 04:43 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,080,165 times
Yum! I know what I'm making for dinner tomorrow. Thanks for sharing.

Old 03-14-2012, 06:22 PM

189 posts, read 557,142 times
Southeast Asian Vegetable Curry

Ingredients:
Squash
Okra
Eggplant
Coconut milk
Curry powder
Chili powder or fresh chili

Mix all ingredients and let them boil. Remember to put eggplants last. Make sure the squash will be soft, this will thicken the consistency of the soup.

My mom makes this alot. It's delicious and the texture is so nice. The Okra and soft Squash thickens the soup.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:10 PM

25,906 posts, read 36,195,563 times
Sesame Peanut Noodles

Dressing
1/2 cup chunky or smooth peanut butter (I use chunky)
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
1/3 cup warm water
2 tbsp chopped fresh ginger
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
1 tbsp + 2 tsp sesame oil (I substituted 2 tsp roasted chili oil, but you might not have this)
2 tsp honey (use the same teaspoon after you measure the oil, and the honey will slip right out)*
1/2 tsp sriracha sauce, or more to taste

Noodles
1 lb spaghetti, broken in half (whole wheat is good in this)
6 scallions, white parts only, sliced
2+ cups thinly sliced or matchstick vegetables, such as red and yellow bell peppers, shredded carrot, and raw bok choy
2 tbsp sesame seeds (toasted is better but not required)
1/4 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
Cilantro to taste

Directions
1. Assemble ingredients.
2. While water is heating to boil for pasta, gently whisk the sauce ingredients together and set aside.
3. While pasta is boiling, slice vegetables and place in a large bowl.
4. When pasta is done, drain into a large colander for a few minutes. Toss the noodles to cool and dry them a bit.
5. Add still warm noodles to bowl over vegetables. Pour sauce over, and add peanuts and cilantro. Toss the pasta gently but thoroughly to incorporate the sauce and warm the vegetables. I usually mix for at least a minute, giving the noodles a chance to start soaking up the sauce.

Dinner in about 30 minutes. This is even better the next day. You can increase the volume of veggies as much as you want, but you should probably double the sauce if you do.

Adapted from an Epicurious recipe at Peanut Sesame Noodles Recipe at Epicurious.com.

* Vegans, what do you substitute for honey?

Old 04-12-2012, 09:42 AM

5,340 posts, read 8,005,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Sesame Peanut Noodles

Dressing
1/2 cup chunky or smooth peanut butter (I use chunky)
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
1/3 cup warm water
2 tbsp chopped fresh ginger
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
1 tbsp + 2 tsp sesame oil (I substituted 2 tsp roasted chili oil, but you might not have this)
2 tsp honey (use the same teaspoon after you measure the oil, and the honey will slip right out)*
1/2 tsp sriracha sauce, or more to taste

Noodles
1 lb spaghetti, broken in half (whole wheat is good in this)
6 scallions, white parts only, sliced
2+ cups thinly sliced or matchstick vegetables, such as red and yellow bell peppers, shredded carrot, and raw bok choy
2 tbsp sesame seeds (toasted is better but not required)
1/4 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
Cilantro to taste

Directions
1. Assemble ingredients.
2. While water is heating to boil for pasta, gently whisk the sauce ingredients together and set aside.
3. While pasta is boiling, slice vegetables and place in a large bowl.
4. When pasta is done, drain into a large colander for a few minutes. Toss the noodles to cool and dry them a bit.
5. Add still warm noodles to bowl over vegetables. Pour sauce over, and add peanuts and cilantro. Toss the pasta gently but thoroughly to incorporate the sauce and warm the vegetables. I usually mix for at least a minute, giving the noodles a chance to start soaking up the sauce.

Dinner in about 30 minutes. This is even better the next day. You can increase the volume of veggies as much as you want, but you should probably double the sauce if you do.

Adapted from an Epicurious recipe at Peanut Sesame Noodles Recipe at Epicurious.com.

* Vegans, what do you substitute for honey?

This looks very good! thanks for sharing it with us.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:13 AM

9,016 posts, read 9,444,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
A great and easy vegetarian recipe
Lisa’s Mini Pot Pies
I've never cared for pot pies, but these look AWESOME!

Old 04-22-2012, 08:17 AM

5,340 posts, read 8,005,905 times
[QUOTE=JustJulia

* Vegans, what do you substitute for honey?[/QUOTE)

I substitute maple syrup for honey.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:14 AM

25,906 posts, read 36,195,563 times
I like this recipe from Smitten Kitchen and thought I would share. I tweaked it a little. I like my salads and slaws to be lighter on the dressing, so I use plenty of broccoli. Everything gets a light coating without being too creamy or drippy. This keeps very well in the fridge and makes a great lunch.

Broccoli Slaw

2 to 3 heads of broccoli
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup diced red onion

Dressing
1/2 cup buttermilk, well-shaken
1/3 cup mayonnaise
2 tbsp cider vinegar
1 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp minced red onion

Wash broccoli and cut into florets. Peel the stems and cut into bite-sized chunks. Toss in a large bowl with sunflower seeds, cranberries, and red onion. Mix dressing ingredients separately, season with pepper, and then add to slaw according to your liking.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:38 AM

11,456 posts, read 12,690,467 times
Vegan stir fry...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food