Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 09:23 PM

465 posts, read 2,426,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
Ween yourself off meat perhaps?

Did you get sick when you started eating meat? My friend was a vegetarian for like 10+ years and then she started eating meat one day and couldn't keep it down.

My SIL who is vegetarian b'c she is Buddhist can't eat any meat nor seafood now b'c it will cause her to break into hives. She' been a vegetarian for about 10+ years, too.
No, I didn't get sick, but felt kinda weird. I don't eat pork or seafood, but only because of my faith.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2007, 04:58 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,284,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
Ween yourself off meat perhaps?

Did you get sick when you started eating meat? My friend was a vegetarian for like 10+ years and then she started eating meat one day and couldn't keep it down.

My SIL who is vegetarian b'c she is Buddhist can't eat any meat nor seafood now b'c it will cause her to break into hives. She' been a vegetarian for about 10+ years, too.
All foods we eat we have learned to like them. If you quit one food for several years, and go back to it, like milk for instance. It won't taste the same as you remember it, and you will have gastric problems from drinking it. Plus alot of bloating. Then you find you don't miss it at all.
Now meat..when i quit eating that 20 some years ago, and then went back to it, i could not keep it down. It caused all sorts of problems with me. So i went back to strict vegetarianism and been there ever since. I don't miss the meat. And i never lack in variety of foods. I actually eat a wider variety of foods now than i did 20 years ago when i ate the standard american diet(sad.)

Old 05-29-2007, 06:34 PM

1,082 posts, read 3,779,844 times
Except for meat!!
Actually I was a veggie for over five years... so been there done that God made us top of the food chain for a reason!
MBG

Old 06-01-2007, 03:10 AM

20 posts, read 62,567 times
Umm, a thin hamburger patty on a fresh bun with lots of veggies. Also, ribs, most chicken, and roasted turkey.

Will any of you believe me if I tell you I only eat meat about 4 times a month?

Old 06-06-2007, 01:05 AM

1,224 posts, read 3,374,333 times
Prime rib and turkey

Old 06-06-2007, 10:38 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,428,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightbirdgirl View Post
Except for meat!!
Actually I was a veggie for over five years... so been there done that God made us top of the food chain for a reason!
MBG
I always get veggie-knotsies (misspelled deliberately) to back off by simply asking them, "If God didn't want us to eat the animals, then why did he make them out of meat?" You reminded me with that mention about God putting us on top of the food chain...

Old 01-11-2008, 11:42 PM

238 posts, read 823,902 times
Just about everything. I could never be a vegetarian. I will eat veggies but they have to be fried or have some gravy covering them!

Old 01-13-2008, 11:01 PM

5,341 posts, read 4,428,220 times
I was a vegetarian (not vegan) for almost 5 years. I still ate cheese and eggs. Then one day I could have killed for a rib eye steak or shellfish! I was obsessed with the idea of a great grilled steak.

I didn't become vegetarian for any other reason than I LOVE veggies. One day I woke up and realized that I hadn't eaten meat for a few months. I remained a vegetarian for quite a while and then I gave into the craving. I had no difficulty with intestinal problems. However, I only had a few bites to sate that craving. Now I only eat meat every few months when I crave it. Even then it's just grilled chicken, shellfish (sans mussels) or that wonderful Delmonico steak.

Old 01-13-2008, 11:12 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,478,979 times
A thick BBQ'd steak

A thick slice of medium rare prime rib

A good hamburger with everything

Turkey at Thanksgiving and ham at Christmas

Ribs with BBQ sauce

Sub sandwhich

ok enough...I am getting hungry

Old 01-18-2008, 07:35 PM

1,343 posts, read 5,168,974 times
The thread should've been "I could be a veg except for ONE meat item."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food