Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 09:35 AM

1,343 posts, read 5,168,659 times

Advertisements

a big juicy hamburger off the grill. Lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle & mayo on a kaiser roll. Yummy!

What's your carnivorous craving?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2007, 09:45 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,032,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinegirl View Post
a big juicy hamburger off the grill. Lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle & mayo on a kaiser roll. Yummy!

What's your carnivorous craving?
I thought you were going to say "I could be a vegetarian ... except I don't like vegetables!"

Old 05-23-2007, 09:49 AM

2,267 posts, read 3,297,053 times
Barbeque beef, I like a SLOW cooked brisket with a dry rub...OR beef ribs...either one.

The burger you mentioned sounds good as well.
I also LOVE Beef fajitas.

I would have the hardest time as a vegetarian...

Its probably an old wives tale by my Mother said that if you crave something maybe its because of a dicifency in your diet...well I am anaemic...and I do crave red meat.

Old 05-23-2007, 10:04 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,625,061 times
Filet steak, served extra "blue" ( still mooing) with bearnaise sauce and wild mushrooms , Home made hamburger with emmental, and the ultimate vegetarian no-no Steak Tartare. Yumm.... I love vegetarian food actually but with a side order of beef, venison, wild boar, chicken, rabbit, hare, etc...

Old 05-23-2007, 02:09 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Carpaccio-Thinly sliced raw beef, shavings of parmigiano reggiano, capers, salt, pepper, and a drizzle of good olive oil

YYMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Old 05-24-2007, 05:13 PM

1,174 posts, read 5,902,412 times
Barbecue - Pork, Chicken, or Beef, Dry or Wet, Pulled or Ribs, I adore it. Best contribution America has made to the food world.

Lamb - I love lamb chops, crown roasts, legs, and even mutton. Add rosemary and mint jelly or cooked in a curry with lots of mango chutney. Outstanding!

Roast Pork and Ham - Love a slow-cooked pork roast with sweet and sour sauce or applesauce, red cabbage, and dumplings, but my true favorite is a Harrington's smoked ham with sweet and hot mustard.

Shellfish - Shrimp and scallops in any form, mussels normandy in a cream and white wine sauce, crab of all sorts, broiled lobster with butter and lemon, lobster rolls, lobster thermidor, you name it. Crayfish cajun style, oysters on the half shell or Rockefeller, throw in octopus and snails, calamari marinara and escargots loaded with garlic. Exceptional!

I love shellfish more than anything.

Fish- Don't like it cooked at all. One of my favorites is smoked salmon with capers, chopped onions, chives, and a bit of Dijon mustard or spiced Hollandaise with lemon, dill, paprika, and cayenne. My true passion, however, is sushi and sashimi.

Beef - Other than barbecue, I don't care for beef at all except in a good cheeseburger. One that's ground at home from a great cut of well-marbled beef, grilled over coals or mesquite, with Worcestershire, paprika, garlic, salt, pepper, and minced scallions. Right at the end put slices of real English sharp cheddar on the top and serve on warm bakery buns with cold chopped iceberg lettuce, diced Bermuda onion, diced and peeled tomato, peeled red peppers, sliced kosher dill, and garnish with either salsa, ketchup, or mustard to taste. Serve with fresh and cold cole slaw, macaroni salad, hot baked beans, tossed salad with vinaigrette, a few cold beers, and finish with ice cream sundaes and a fireworks display shared with family and friends. It is one of the more simple, but most profoundly wonderful meals a person could have.

Old 05-24-2007, 05:18 PM

1,174 posts, read 5,902,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Carpaccio-Thinly sliced raw beef, shavings of parmigiano reggiano, capers, salt, pepper, and a drizzle of good olive oil

YYMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
Prosciutto with honeydew and cantaloupe melons. Who knew?? Perfect together as well and cooly refreshing on a hot day.

Old 05-24-2007, 05:35 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,530,295 times
I can't be vegetarian, because I love having my steak on Memorial Day holiday or the 4th of July. And my turkey on Thanksgiving and Christmas...What the hell do vegetarians eat during these holidays?? I could never be one.

Besides, I do take great care of myself and eat good (I hardly ever eat "junk food"). I mean you be the judge: 5'4", 129lbs, 38B-26-37, Size 6-7, and 31 years old. Do I need to be vegetarian?? I think NOT!!!

Old 05-24-2007, 06:45 PM

1,308 posts, read 3,401,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leana76 View Post
I can't be vegetarian, because I love having my steak on Memorial Day holiday or the 4th of July. And my turkey on Thanksgiving and Christmas...What the hell do vegetarians eat during these holidays?? I could never be one.

Besides, I do take great care of myself and eat good (I hardly ever eat "junk food"). I mean you be the judge: 5'4", 129lbs, 38B-26-37, Size 6-7, and 31 years old. Do I need to be vegetarian?? I think NOT!!!
Will you marry me? LOL. Just kidding.

Old 05-24-2007, 07:21 PM

5,284 posts, read 20,048,201 times
I could be a vegetarian about 75% of the time - I do love a little fillet of beef once a month and a juicy hamburger with grilled onions and blue cheese once a month - I really do like gluten - there is a Vietnamese restaurant near me that features vegetarian dishes made from gluten - it tastes like beef or chicken or pork depending on how they prepare it...it is amazing tasting....I also like tofu and just about every veggie under the sun - but gotta have meat once in a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food