U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 10:58 AM

2,707 posts, read 5,351,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
I'm sorry to say I hated it.
I bought some yesterday. I don't hate it. It's good in cereal. But as a glass of milk by itself, it tastes to me like drinking cow's milk through a dirty gym sock.

I can taste the almonds, though. (And I love almonds.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2010, 12:02 PM

21 posts, read 53,816 times
I vote "yah" for the Silk Almond Milk. It's the only milk that our entire family enjoys....but then again, as someone referenced earlier, we too LOVE the sweet stuff! I believe that Trader Joe's carries their version of Almond Milk but I haven't tried it yet.

Old 03-20-2010, 06:36 AM

1,335 posts, read 4,594,318 times
Will someone compare Silk Almond Milk to Blue Diamond Almond Milk? Is Silk available in original/plain and/or unsweetened vanilla?

TIA

Old 03-20-2010, 07:03 AM

257 posts, read 467,789 times
I buy the Blue Diamond unsweetened plain almond milk and love it. I haven't seen the Silk one yet.

Old 03-20-2010, 08:43 AM

7,422 posts, read 13,677,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raa1371 View Post
I buy the Blue Diamond unsweetened plain almond milk and love it. I haven't seen the Silk one yet.
ditto. i'm happy with the blue diamond almond breeze, and silk irritated me when they stopped using organic soybeans in their soymilk recently. they did it in kind of a sneaky way too, and they're now owned by a giant dairy company on top of all that. of course, there's probably some reason to dislike blue diamond as well, but i don't know it yet!

Old 03-20-2010, 09:09 AM

4,628 posts, read 9,252,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJingle View Post
Will someone compare Silk Almond Milk to Blue Diamond Almond Milk? Is Silk available in original/plain and/or unsweetened vanilla?
Yes to all three. I buy a brand called So Delicious, which may be marketed just here in the Northwest. Oh, and I'm sure we'll find something askew with Blue Diamond, too. Just a matter of time....

Old 03-20-2010, 10:10 AM

11,151 posts, read 14,116,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post
Oh, and I'm sure we'll find something askew with Blue Diamond, too. Just a matter of time....
Well, *we* may not find anything askew, but I'm sure SOMEone will be able to -- and they'll be sure to come here and start a thread about it .....

I checked the fridge and the almond milk I purchased is Blue Diamond, and it's the vanilla variety. It's a bit sweet, but I drink "milk" sparingly and mostly use it only on [unsweetened] cereal .....

Old 03-20-2010, 10:29 AM

257 posts, read 467,789 times
I don't actually drink the milk (by the glass), just use it in cereal or cooking.

I've tried the So Delicious coconut milk coffee creamer; it was good. Also saw some So Delicious coconut milk 'ice cream' yesterday.

Old 03-20-2010, 01:50 PM

7,422 posts, read 13,677,759 times
we have so delicious where i live (mid atlantic/east coast i guess). the ice creams are everywhere, the yogurts and milks and things are available at health food stores.

i don't like the sweetened almond breeze, but the unsweetened is just right. it has just a tiny bit of sweetness from the almonds that mimics the sweetness level of real milk pretty well.

Old 03-20-2010, 02:39 PM

324 posts, read 771,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJingle View Post

TIA

There is an organic sugar free version. It's in a green colored box
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food