Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 05:40 PM

89 posts, read 421,237 times

Advertisements

Thanks Cyanna a duplex is fine with us and a smaller place is fine. Problem is that there are very few 3 bdrm. duplexes on CL. We could get by with 2 bdrms. but would need 2 baths.
Dunes at Oxnard Shores has some for $2k which is a little more than we want to spend. Do you have any ideas or suggestions on where to find one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2010, 07:12 PM

I may even look for a Senior complex as my wife and I are both in our 60's although we have a son 20 who is still living with us for who knows how long. What about Hueneme Bay or some of the other Senior communities? They seem to be a little cheaper.

Last edited by olypentax; 11-28-2010 at 07:30 PM..

Old 11-28-2010, 09:16 PM

2,852 posts, read 6,484,661 times
I'll have a look around tomorrow for some duplex options.

Regarding senior complexes, some of them might allow in an adult child. Just call around to see

Old 12-14-2010, 08:03 PM

We are driving down from the SF Bay Area tomorrow to find a place and I have contacted some rentals in Port Hueneme as well as Oxnard, Camarillo and Ventura. My wife wants to be near the beach so I have kind of targeted Oxnard harbor area and Port Hueneme but I have heard from a couple of people that Port Hueneme is probably not as safe as places like Oxnard Shores after dark. Any thoughts on these areas?

Old 12-14-2010, 08:47 PM

1,465 posts, read 5,146,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olypentax View Post
I have heard from a couple of people that Port Hueneme is probably not as safe as places like Oxnard Shores after dark. Any thoughts on these areas?
I am not super familiar with that area at night but that does sound about right.

Old 12-31-2010, 08:29 PM

5 posts, read 9,087 times
I have also been looking for a rental in Ventura and would love some guidance. We're looking for a 2 bedroom, ideally under $2k and very close to the beach (and hopefully walk to shops/restaurants).

We are a young couple who have different tastes to fill. I like peace and quiet but my boyfriend likes nightlife. Hoping Ventura can fit that bill.

We would love to find something with some charm, NOT a huge apartment complex, but something that has some details and higher ceilings. Been looking on craigslist and westside rentals with nothing but ads for big complexes. Also see a lot of places that won't take our cats (2 small and quiet).

Can anybody give some tips for apartment hunting? Thanks for your help!

Old 01-01-2011, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outis View Post
I have also been looking for a rental in Ventura and would love some guidance. We're looking for a 2 bedroom, ideally under $2k and very close to the beach (and hopefully walk to shops/restaurants).

We are a young couple who have different tastes to fill. I like peace and quiet but my boyfriend likes nightlife. Hoping Ventura can fit that bill.

We would love to find something with some charm, NOT a huge apartment complex, but something that has some details and higher ceilings. Been looking on craigslist and westside rentals with nothing but ads for big complexes. Also see a lot of places that won't take our cats (2 small and quiet).

Can anybody give some tips for apartment hunting? Thanks for your help!
If you want Ventura, I think you want downtown Ventura.

During the day, it is pretty quiet and there are lots of recreation activities available, hiking, bicycling, and of course all the beach and water activities.
http://www.ventura-usa.com/what-to-do/

At night, there are a host of restaurants and clubs. http://www.ventura-usa.com/restaurants

There are some great units and some, well, not so great units.

You might consider BeachFronter Apartments, Ventura 93001; BeachFronter Apartments, Ventura Apartments For Rent, Ventura Apts, Ventura CA and try to get something on the beach side (south). The north side will get train and freeway noise. I am not sure a 2BR2BA will be 2K but it is pretty close.

Old 01-01-2011, 05:59 PM

Thanks for the info. I've looked at the Beach Fronter apartments, and while the location is good, I've read so many bad things about the management there, even cars of residents getting towed for no reason and endless rules and arguments. I was going to check and see if the management has changed before going to see it.

Any other places to look for apartments besides craigslist?

Old 01-01-2011, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outis View Post
Thanks for the info. I've looked at the Beach Fronter apartments, and while the location is good, I've read so many bad things about the management there, even cars of residents getting towed for no reason and endless rules and arguments. I was going to check and see if the management has changed before going to see it.

Any other places to look for apartments besides craigslist?
Try Apartments for Rent - PadMapper Apartment Search for Oodle, Apartments.com, Move.com, and Craigslist Apartments It gets info from craigslist as well as others.

Most of the ads on the Ventura craigslist are legitimate but watch for the scams. They are pretty to spot. If they list the location as Ventura County and no other address, it is a scam.

I sent you a DM (direct message)

Old 01-02-2011, 12:32 AM

The PadMapper works great. Nice to see everything on a map. Thanks so much!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County