Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2011, 07:16 PM

89 posts, read 419,678 times

Advertisements

I agree with you about HC Seafood, nothing special, Fishermen's Catch is better IMHO.

Here is a review from the VC Star; Fishermen's Catch has very fresh lobster, black bass and mahi-mahi » Ventura County Star

Here is a pic of the family that owns the place, ask the lady what's good, she is very nice;
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fishe...type=1&theater

Last edited by olypentax; 06-29-2011 at 07:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 12:13 AM

1,549 posts, read 4,242,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olypentax View Post
I agree with you about HC Seafood, nothing special, Fishermen's Catch is better IMHO.

Here is a review from the VC Star; Fishermen's Catch has very fresh lobster, black bass and mahi-mahi » Ventura County Star

Here is a pic of the family that owns the place, ask the lady what's good, she is very nice;
I will check it out...I'm off to Dallas this weekend so I'll be chowing down on bbq I hope!!!

Old 06-30-2011, 08:49 AM

1,320 posts, read 2,685,832 times
Are there any authentic Italian grocery stores in Ventura county? I mean the type that is small, family owned and has authentic, high-quality Italian foodstuffs.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:27 AM

Quote:
My wife ate at the Whale's Tail last week with some friends and she thought the vegies were over-cooked and the Halibut was OK but covered with mashed potatoes which she didn't like. Also she thought the prices were high for what you got.

For seafood I highly recommend the Fishermen's Catch on Victoria & Wooley. It is both a fresh fish market and restaurant. Very friendly folks and the husband and son are fishermen and catch fish daily out of the Channel Islands Harbor while the wife runs the restaurant. Prices are good and the grilled White Seabass is fantastic. The husband was unloading halibut they just caught and they have live lobster for a good price.
Fishermen's Catch l Fresh Seafood, Fish Market and Grill l Channel Islands, Oxnard, Ventura County, California
I just looked at the menu...the lobster prices are sooooo reasonable...I think I will go there tonight if possible!

Old 06-30-2011, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnip kid View Post
Are there any authentic Italian grocery stores in Ventura county? I mean the type that is small, family owned and has authentic, high-quality Italian foodstuffs.
I think you will find most of the Italian grocers in the valley area. I did find this one on Telephone in Ventura. Check it out here on yelp:

La Mantia Italian Grocery - Ventura, CA
think it's more of a deli than anything from what I am reading

Nona's Italian Deli - Camarillo, CA
I know this is a deli and I assure you it is good..been here many times

Italian Grocery - Santa Barbara, CA
a deli in Santa Barbara but they do have some grocery items

Sorry I couldn't be of more help

Old 06-30-2011, 04:15 PM

1,631 posts, read 4,206,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKLO View Post
I will check it out...I'm off to Dallas this weekend so I'll be chowing down on bbq I hope!!!
You'll be in my neck of the woods! I've heard great things about the new Lockhart BBQ that opened up in Dallas. I also like Rudy's quite a bit. It is a fun place to go as well.

We have In n Out here now!

Edit: for Italian Groceries, Italia Deli in Agoura is pretty neat. They make great sandwiches too!

Old 06-30-2011, 05:27 PM

1,320 posts, read 2,685,832 times
Thank you, LadyKLO and Mr. Bungle. It is a big help!

Old 06-30-2011, 11:34 PM

Quote:
My wife ate at the Whale's Tail last week with some friends and she thought the vegies were over-cooked and the Halibut was OK but covered with mashed potatoes which she didn't like. Also she thought the prices were high for what you got.

For seafood I highly recommend the Fishermen's Catch on Victoria & Wooley. It is both a fresh fish market and restaurant. Very friendly folks and the husband and son are fishermen and catch fish daily out of the Channel Islands Harbor while the wife runs the restaurant. Prices are good and the grilled White Seabass is fantastic. The husband was unloading halibut they just caught and they have live lobster for a good price.
Fishermen's Catch l Fresh Seafood, Fish Market and Grill l Channel Islands, Oxnard, Ventura County, California
Quote:

OH MY GOD!!! Me and honey went to Fisherman's Catch tonight....very...very... very...AWESOME!! I did talk to the lady and told her I heard about the restaurant on city-data. She was very nice. I had the grilled salmon with grilled veggie and brown rice. It was pretty good. Honey had the 1.5 pound grilled lobster dinner with coleslaw and corn. His lobster was so good...he actually rang the bell...plus I think I saw him licking his fingers. The food is very fresh...fresh indeed and I could tell the difference. Price not bad....we didn't order any drinks except one pepsi and the bill was $42 which is not bad considering the whole lobster dinner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bungle View Post
You'll be in my neck of the woods! I've heard great things about the new Lockhart BBQ that opened up in Dallas. I also like Rudy's quite a bit. It is a fun place to go as well.

We have In n Out here now!

Edit: for Italian Groceries, Italia Deli in Agoura is pretty neat. They make great sandwiches too!
WOOHOO!!! I leave in the morning and I'm ready to head out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnip kid View Post
Thank you, LadyKLO and Mr. Bungle. It is a big help!
Please let us know if you try any of these places.

Old 07-30-2011, 12:48 AM

I finally went to Surf N Yogurt today in Ventura...it was pretty good. Had the sugar free vanilla and banana! UMMM GOOD!!

Old 08-01-2011, 02:01 PM

699 posts, read 1,337,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKLO View Post
I finally went to Surf N Yogurt today in Ventura...it was pretty good. Had the sugar free vanilla and banana! UMMM GOOD!!
Nice! No toppings?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County