Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 01:45 AM

2,916 posts, read 11,075,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_id View Post
When you make something fat-free and sugar-free is it still actually food? Isn't it at that point just some synthetic chemical subsistence?
Don't know, but it might be fodder for something we can argue about ad infinitum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2011, 12:08 PM

12,460 posts, read 20,078,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
Don't know, but it might be fodder for something we can argue about ad infinitum.
Your appetite for banal commentary on my posts appears infinite..

Did city-data disable the ignore feature?

Old 09-26-2011, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Your appetite for banal commentary on my posts appears infinite..

Did city-data disable the ignore feature?
My appetite for the ignore feature is finicky, and my taste for your posts is something along the lines of, uh, the stuff "served" at Target food court: I'll survive it for now, but probably best if avoided.

Old 09-26-2011, 11:05 AM

1,549 posts, read 4,255,853 times
Quote:
My appetite for the ignore feature is finicky, and my taste for your posts is something along the lines of, uh, the stuff "served" at Target food court: I'll survive it for now, but probably best if avoided.
You know the Target food court is good...try the caesar salad....lol...just don't eat too much of the dressing!

Old 09-26-2011, 01:37 PM

699 posts, read 1,344,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKLO View Post
You know the Target food court is good...try the caesar salad....lol...just don't eat too much of the dressing!
... said the girl who is spoiled by the Target in River Park!

Old 09-26-2011, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenSky View Post
... said the girl who is spoiled by the Target in River Park!
LOL, you know it! At least I do branch out...been in Ventura eating froyo these days!

Old 09-26-2011, 10:16 PM

12,460 posts, read 20,078,663 times
I never understood the appeal of food being served at big box retailers. Is it to help parents make their kids even more obese? Mostly I see families getting stuff....

Old 09-26-2011, 11:28 PM

Quote:
I never understood the appeal of food being served at big box retailers. Is it to help parents make their kids even more obese? Mostly I see families getting stuff....
I almost repped you on that one, user_id! Just the dower "what the h311 do you want?" attitude of the food-service employees at those places should be enough to ruin anyone's appetite. But, as in the case of the new Riverpark Target, they have you a bit captive in there. The greater of two evils is to climb back down those stairs, hike to your car and drive somewhere else....

Sorry, Lady, but I've taken a dislike of the new RP Target. Much prefer the old one -- it was convenient, even though I didn't eat there, either.

Old 09-27-2011, 03:05 PM

Quote:
I almost repped you on that one, user_id! Just the dower "what the h311 do you want?" attitude of the food-service employees at those places should be enough to ruin anyone's appetite. But, as in the case of the new Riverpark Target, they have you a bit captive in there. The greater of two evils is to climb back down those stairs, hike to your car and drive somewhere else....

Sorry, Lady, but I've taken a dislike of the new RP Target. Much prefer the old one -- it was convenient, even though I didn't eat there, either.
LOL, the only time you will see me eating there is when I go on a binge in search for popcorn.....

Old 09-27-2011, 10:47 PM

50 posts, read 77,882 times
Who here is into Thai?

We recently ate at Sawadee, a little restaurant we've probably driven past hundreds of times but wrote off as just another mediocre eatery. It's located at 217 Arneill in Camarillo, just off the 101.

I've been enjoying Asian foods for decades (my wife is Hong Kong Chinese, so she knows good food) and this is among the best I've tried in Ventura County. (Sadly, our favorite local restaurant, Chen's Szechuan in Thousand Oaks, closed last year when the owners retired.)

Too often restaurant owners, after their reputation has been established by employing truly skilled cooks, will fire the good cooks and hire the cheapest help they can find. From what I could tell Sawadee is family-owned and the cooks are family members (not minimum-wage workers). The food was excellent. We tried the Signature Pad Thai with shrimp, and a couple of curry dishes. Unfortunately there were a couple of kids in our group so we couldn't get too adventurous with the heat, but we left very satisfied. We'll be going back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County