U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 02:18 PM

2,767 posts, read 9,356,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImRandy View Post
Contrary to what others have said it's the fog that makes the area livable. Places without fog, like Thousand Oaks, are far too hot during the summer. You spend all your time hiding inside until the sun sets.
My sentiments, exactly. If you don't like foggy summers (at least May, June, July), Ventura may not be for you. But this is one of the things I find most attractive about the area, especially during those months when TO and Simi roast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2007, 04:57 PM

3,080 posts, read 9,256,752 times
How bad is the commute from Ventura to Warner Center? Is there a certain time that traffic tends to clear by?

Old 07-27-2007, 06:52 PM

1,482 posts, read 4,494,573 times
On the upside Warner Center isn't in LA so that cuts a lot of time off the trip. With no traffic it's 45 minutes. During rush hours all bets are off. Several times it's taken an hour just to go from the 23/101 interchange in Thousand Oaks to Victoria in Ventura. That's only about half the trip.

Old 07-27-2007, 07:21 PM

104 posts, read 608,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cre8 View Post
My sentiments, exactly. If you don't like foggy summers (at least May, June, July), Ventura may not be for you. But this is one of the things I find most attractive about the area, especially during those months when TO and Simi roast.
Then you're right where you should be! That's what it is all about.

Old 07-27-2007, 07:30 PM

3,080 posts, read 9,256,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImRandy View Post
On the upside Warner Center isn't in LA so that cuts a lot of time off the trip. With no traffic it's 45 minutes. During rush hours all bets are off. Several times it's taken an hour just to go from the 23/101 interchange in Thousand Oaks to Victoria in Ventura. That's only about half the trip.
Thanks. I asked this question in the LA forums and got some answers, but I would like to re-ask it before I move.

When does rush hour end? I'm thinking about making the commute around 8:45 in the morning (trying to arrive around 9:30 +/- 15 mins. When should I leave for work, you think?)

I've done it before and found the way totally clear (and yeah, 45 mins was the time).

How about coming home? Departing Warner Center around 5:45, 6:00ish is it bad headed for Ventura?

I looked into the train and VISTA but they run so darned EARLY!

I need to find a carpool as lazy as me. I hate driving, and I REALLY hate driving in traffic. Riding, though. I don't care.

Old 07-28-2007, 08:11 AM

26,347 posts, read 77,288,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sponger42 View Post
Thanks. I asked this question in the LA forums and got some answers, but I would like to re-ask it before I move.

When does rush hour end? I'm thinking about making the commute around 8:45 in the morning (trying to arrive around 9:30 +/- 15 mins. When should I leave for work, you think?)

I've done it before and found the way totally clear (and yeah, 45 mins was the time).

How about coming home? Departing Warner Center around 5:45, 6:00ish is it bad headed for Ventura?

I looked into the train and VISTA but they run so darned EARLY!

I need to find a carpool as lazy as me. I hate driving, and I REALLY hate driving in traffic. Riding, though. I don't care.
Try monitoring this web page during the times you are considering:

Sigalert.com - Ventura Traffic Report
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County