Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 09:39 AM

699 posts, read 1,344,015 times

Advertisements

Ventura launches Music Week in late April » Ventura County Star
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2011, 01:56 PM

115 posts, read 231,512 times
Yes, no bitter cold there, at least not on the definition that I have here: below 20F. In the winter it can sometimes get -15F or colder. Heat I can take, too. I lived in Houston for 10 years, and summers here can get quite hot. It's not unusual to have summer days in the upper 80s or 90s with full on 70-90 percent humidity.

Yes, I do know about the Santa Ana winds, but no serious allergies. I work outside.

It does look like Ventura and surrounding has some music opportunities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKLO View Post
You won't have bitter cold here..LOL...the worst you will have here will be the "winter rains" which causes a few mudslides (not the drinks!). We had some in January and just a couple weeks ago. The hot times come with the Santa Ana winds....google that...it will be SO HOT all because of these dusty winds...I hope you don't have allergy problems. I generally start taking Claritin the moment they mention Santa Ana winds here!

Old 04-04-2011, 01:06 AM

4,932 posts, read 12,755,091 times
Ventura County, Orange County, Inland Empire (Riverside and San Bernardino Counties) are the suburban commuter counties where most people work in one of those counties or commute to LA. Metrolink runs through all of these counties. The four counties are very similar to how many San Francisco Bay Area counties are interconnected. Alameda, Contra Costa, San Mateo, Marin, and some from Santa Clara County tend to commute to San Francisco County and San Francisco city for jobs.

Old 04-04-2011, 01:40 AM

2,916 posts, read 11,074,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the city View Post
Ventura County, Orange County, Inland Empire (Riverside and San Bernardino Counties) are the suburban commuter counties where most people work in one of those counties or commute to LA. Metrolink runs through all of these counties. The four counties are very similar to how many San Francisco Bay Area counties are interconnected. Alameda, Contra Costa, San Mateo, Marin, and some from Santa Clara County tend to commute to San Francisco County and San Francisco city for jobs.
Hmm, have to take some issue with this. It can maybe be said for east Ventura County, where Simi Valley, Thousand Oaks and Moorpark are in a sense bedroom commuter cities to L.A. West Ventura County, on the other hand, starts to see other commuting patterns. Most notably to Santa Barbara. Daily, something like 15,000+ people commute from Oxnard/Ventura/Port Hueneme/Camarillo to Santa Barbara County. Also, Oxnard/Ventura/Port Hueneme comprise an economy and job center unto itself. The area is not exactly an ex-urb of L.A., in the same way as, say, the beltway communities are to Houston or Atlanta.

Other evidence, where Moorpark is served by Metrolink with something like 9 or 10 daily round trips to L.A. Union, Oxnard/Montalvo/Camarillo gets a scant 3 daily round-trips.

Old 04-04-2011, 07:51 AM

699 posts, read 1,344,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the city View Post
Orange County is not a commuter county. The population numbers in areas like Irvine and Anaheim swell during the workweek.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
Hmm, have to take some issue with this. It can maybe be said for east Ventura County, where Simi Valley, Thousand Oaks and Moorpark are in a sense bedroom commuter cities to L.A. West Ventura County, on the other hand, starts to see other commuting patterns. Most notably to Santa Barbara. Daily, something like 15,000+ people commute from Oxnard/Ventura/Port Hueneme/Camarillo to Santa Barbara County. Also, Oxnard/Ventura/Port Hueneme comprise an economy and job center unto itself. The area is not exactly an ex-urb of L.A., in the same way as, say, the beltway communities are to Houston or Atlanta.

Other evidence, where Moorpark is served by Metrolink with something like 9 or 10 daily round trips to L.A. Union, Oxnard/Montalvo/Camarillo gets a scant 3 daily round-trips.
What he said.

Old 04-04-2011, 10:00 AM

1,549 posts, read 4,255,611 times
Another what he said....

Old 04-04-2011, 11:56 AM

2,916 posts, read 11,074,620 times
Thanks, OpenSky and Lady!

Old 03-27-2013, 01:56 AM

32 posts, read 71,090 times
Hello hello hello

Old 05-20-2013, 11:20 PM

39 posts, read 117,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by socaldream View Post
I know it would be a rather long and tedious commute, but does anybody do this? I think if we move there I would try to get a job lined up in Ventura, PH, Moorpark, Oxnard, etc. I was just curious if anybody commutes to LA. Also, how often do some of you in Oxnard go to LA?
I live in Ventura and commute to North Hollywood
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County