U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-06-2011, 01:18 PM

621 posts, read 606,559 times
Default Are the Ca. beaches RV friendly?

I mean do the S. Ca beaches allow RV's in the parking lots for the day or longer... I will be traveling and well if I go to the beach I will be bringing the rig!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2011, 03:19 PM

1,552 posts, read 1,854,490 times
There are RV parks near beaches in Ventura. Let me find the address for you.

Old 05-07-2011, 01:10 PM

Thanks, but I meant like the parking lots @ the beach...Do they have spots big enough for a motohome or truck/trailer combo????

Old 05-07-2011, 02:37 PM

89 posts, read 219,165 times
I don't have a motor-home or R/V but I see motor-homes parked along the State Beach access road/ Pacific Coast Hwy/ Old Rincon Hwy. which runs right along 101 just North of Ventura.

I also see motor-homes parked along the beach about 5 miles south of Pt. Mugu Naval base and Malibu along Hwy #1 right on the beach.

I don't know if these are state beaches or overnight stays are allowed but many of them seem to be set up to stay a while. Maybe someone will chime in that knows more.

Old 05-07-2011, 07:26 PM

1,552 posts, read 1,854,490 times
That's exactly where I was thinking of..the Rincon area and the area just south of Point Mugu.

Old 05-08-2011, 05:46 AM

ok thanks, i'll look into it

Old 05-08-2011, 08:47 AM

89 posts, read 219,165 times
If you look at Google Maps, Satellite view, zoomed in close you can actually see the RV's parked along the coast in places.

Old 05-15-2011, 03:34 AM

9,798 posts, read 12,391,591 times
Here is a breakdown of the Ventura County area beeches.

From the North on the Pacific Coast Highway / 101

You can park along the beaches. Many do that now. You can also camp along the PCH. Just look for the line of RV's parked along the beach.

City of Ventura:

Has the most in the way of available places to part an RV. Beaches are closer to the 101 freeway than in Oxnard or Port Hueneme

Ventura.com - Beaches

City of Oxnard:

You could park at Oxnard State Beach. (They may be calling it Mandalay State Beach.) If you go to Hollywood Beach their is parking near the Harbor area. You may have to walk a couple short blocks to get to the beach. Silverstrand may be a stretch if you are driving and RV.

Oxnard Beaches: Beaches in Oxnard, California

Beach Communities of Oxnard Shores, Mandalay Shores, Oxnard California

City of Port Hueneme:

They do have a lot of parking at the beach, although it is pay parking. You may be able to find a spot on the roadway, it is still pay parking though.

PORT HUENEME PHOTO AERIAL OF CITY NEAR OXNARD, CALIFORNIA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County