U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2010, 11:58 PM

2 posts, read 10,944 times

Advertisements

My fiancée and I are looking to rent a 2/2 in the "Collage" within Riverpark. The landlord doesn't have the floorplans for the 2/2's, and they aren't available on the builder's website.

Does anyone have these available or know where to obtain one? Alternatively, does anyone live in a 2/2 and have pictures?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2010, 04:46 PM

2 posts, read 6,086 times
Default Get Involved

There's a group of people in Riverpark whom are trying to be proactive and keep it a nice place. In fact their is a neighborhood council and a neighborhood watch. Why don't you get involved? You may actually find a way to help the situation, instead of complaining against it.

Old 08-01-2010, 05:02 PM

2 posts, read 6,086 times
Joe,

Do you still feel the same way about the Luminaria HOA? If so, I challenge you to run for the Board and become a Director. The Board members are very new to this task, and there has been a learning curve. I hope this issue has been corrected now.

Parking on-street is a function of the City, not the HOA.

Crime and Noise are functions of the Oxnard PD. There is a neighborhood watch meeting conducted monthly in Riverpark as a whole.

The HOA is in-charge of making sure that there is proper funds to make repairs to the building as they wear down, and to maintain the common areas/landscaping, and keep the area nice.

As far as parking, I challenge you to help come up with a solution that is fair and equitable to everyone. --I haven't been able to do that so far.

I often hear from people who want to verbally report neighbors not properly using their garages for parking, but they are not willing to record it on paper --even though it will be keep confidentially.

So, is it our responsibility as a Board to police that? Do you want us to invade your privacy that way? I think not. I don't personally want to live in that type of community.

The HOA is a function of the whole neighborhood and community. It cannot run by itself, or by the Board-alone.

We welcome more of your feedback, but please come to a meeting, or drop us an email/call so that we can address your concerns.

Gwynneth

Old 08-01-2010, 08:39 PM

2 posts, read 4,267 times
I am biased and favor west Ventura. I commute to Oxnard 5 days a week. Oxnard has a lot of traffic and some bad drivers. Sales tax is higher than Ventura. More dust in Oxnard , East Ventura , El Rio and Saticoy from the ag fields . Nice cool weather in Oxnard and plenty of stores to shop at. Gasoline and diesel fuel is usually cheaper in Oxnard.In close proximity to entertainment . I lived on south victoria near seabridge. Can't say it was bad , just not for me. I have lived in Ventura county 47 years and am getting prepared to move away in 2 to 3 years.

Old 09-30-2010, 06:27 PM

4 posts, read 6,545 times
I live in Riverpark, but I've wondered what that smell is that you catch sometimes. Someone said its from the mushroom plant and sewage plants in Ventura...is that true?

Old 10-01-2010, 11:12 PM

14,847 posts, read 23,645,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Liberty View Post
I am biased and favor west Ventura. I commute to Oxnard 5 days a week. Oxnard has a lot of traffic and some bad drivers. Sales tax is higher than Ventura. More dust in Oxnard , East Ventura , El Rio and Saticoy from the ag fields . Nice cool weather in Oxnard and plenty of stores to shop at. Gasoline and diesel fuel is usually cheaper in Oxnard.In close proximity to entertainment . I lived on south victoria near seabridge. Can't say it was bad , just not for me. I have lived in Ventura county 47 years and am getting prepared to move away in 2 to 3 years.
Sales tax in Ventura County is 8.25%. The last I checked both Oxnard and Ventura are in Ventura county. Also West Ventura is all the steets West of Ventura Avenue. Not my kind of place but I know some that like it out there.

Old 10-01-2010, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glome View Post
I live in Riverpark, but I've wondered what that smell is that you catch sometimes. Someone said its from the mushroom plant and sewage plants in Ventura...is that true?
Welcome to the Onion fields. You can tell where in Oxnard you live by the smell. LOL

Old 10-01-2010, 11:39 PM

In 1978 the people of the State of California voted in Propositon 13. What that did was locked in so to speak the taxes on residential properties and allowed property tax to only raise with inflation. If like my parents you had bought your home for $13,000 in 1965 and by 1978 it was valued at lets say $72,000 then the property value at the 1978 level would be taxed at 1.25%. In 2003 when they sold that home for $338,000 it was reassessed at the new price for the new owners creating their starting point. This can change if like today where values have declined.

The problem with that is with a low property tax base cities could not afford to pay for the items a new develpment would need. Although the develpers would put in what was needed to get a develpment off the gound the cities may not have a way to take care of the new roads, or what have you. In River Parks case they wanted everything within the development, fire, schools, parks, and someday shopping.

In 1982 State Senator Henry Mello and Assemblyman Mike Roos co-authored the Community Facilities District Act. This allows a city to create a community district that can obtain funding for all that cool stuff that new developments need. But here is the catch, the remainder of the people within the cities didn't want to pay for someone elses development and because of Prop 13 they didn't have to. In the past the cost of a place like River Park could have been devided among all the residents of the city. Not so anymore as now it is passed onto the residents of the new development. So those that want to live in the beautifull community of River Park get to pay a little extra for the opportunity. The reason for this is that in most cases the Mello-Roos District floats a bond issue to pay for everything. Over time the bond gets paid off and the tax ends.

The funny thing is that not all places have a Mello-Roos in place. It just depends on the develpment and how it was created.

Old 10-04-2010, 03:38 PM

700 posts, read 1,008,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
The funny thing is that not all places have a Mello-Roos in place. It just depends on the develpment and how it was created.
The primary issue is whether or not there is enough surrounding infrastructure to support the new residents.

Some developments are intentionally sized to skirt CFD assessments.

Truth is, tis better to have fewer large developments that are subject to scrutiny than many patchworked smaller developments that fly under the radar of alert and concerned opposing groups.

Old 10-05-2010, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenSky View Post
The primary issue is whether or not there is enough surrounding infrastructure to support the new residents.

Some developments are intentionally sized to skirt CFD assessments.

Truth is, tis better to have fewer large developments that are subject to scrutiny than many patchworked smaller developments that fly under the radar of alert and concerned opposing groups.
Probably why RiverPark was built with a Mello-Roos. With most of Oxnard during the last 20 years developments has taken part on Ag land surrounded by infrastructure. Maybe in a patchwork fashion. Still the need for a Mello-Roos was not needed. With RiverPark the development is on the far north end of the city on land that had never had any building on it and was somewhat seperate from the city in general. Twenty years ago the idea was to build multi story buildings there. That developer lost the project, although a few buildings did get built. For the most part, no infrastructure out there untill RiverPark was built.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County