U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 02:58 AM

5 posts, read 11,978 times

Advertisements

I've spoke with a few Oxnard PD officers a few months ago while attending an Emergency Management Class. It really isn't that bad here. The only area with issues are the Serenade Apartments but nothing significant to cause alarm for everybody. In other words, petty. Serenade has been there long enough perhaps where people have settled in for a while and matured. I noticed the party scene is nowhere at what it used to be. Economies of scale, as new development comes and its coming, the more pricey the cost will be for renting and this will flush out SOME issues too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2011, 12:17 PM

1,552 posts, read 3,302,347 times
Serenade is what I'd consider to be pricey apartments! I love it here and have had no qualms about it!

Old 02-27-2011, 05:36 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,190,459 times
So, what is happening over at Riverpark? Looks like they are cranking up again. I see a whole bunch of signs from the freeway including REI opening soon. That is awesome.

For those that live in Riverpark, are you aware of the bike path on the bridge to Ventura? It runs along the freeway on the north side. I have been on it a few times, a more convenient way to get over the river.

Old 02-27-2011, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownVentura View Post
So, what is happening over at Riverpark? Looks like they are cranking up again. I see a whole bunch of signs from the freeway including REI opening soon. That is awesome.

For those that live in Riverpark, are you aware of the bike path on the bridge to Ventura? It runs along the freeway on the north side. I have been on it a few times, a more convenient way to get over the river.
So much going on over here. That bike path is very popular. I see people walking it all the time. I think the Target will open first.

Old 02-27-2011, 06:32 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,190,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKLO View Post
So much going on over here. That bike path is very popular. I see people walking it all the time. I think the Target will open first.
I am glad the bike path is frequently used. I never see anyone on it but I am not through there on the 101 often

Old 03-03-2011, 05:43 PM

The Target is looking better day by day!

Old 03-05-2011, 02:14 PM

14,827 posts, read 23,615,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKLO View Post
Serenade is what I'd consider to be pricey apartments! I love it here and have had no qualms about it!
One of my brothers was living there when they were first built. He liked the idea that he was the first ever person to live in the unit that he rented. At the time and because they were trying to fill them he had a sweet deal on a 1 bed 1 bath with a garage. The place comes with Washer Dryer in a nice little closet area in the unit. Stainless appliances including a refrigerator, stove, trash compactor, and a microwave. When his lease was up they had sent him a notice informing him that the rent would be going up a couple hundred and he would need to pay additional for the garage.

The complex is top notch at least compared to what I am used to. They have plenty of amenities within the complex, including dry cleaning, a fitness center, a Jacuzi that looked larger than some pools, a club house, and on the weekends they would show movies out doors in the summer time.

Old 03-15-2011, 02:53 PM

5 posts, read 12,968 times
You do not want to live in Riverparks. On the flood plain for the Santa Clara River on some of the most unstable ground of the county. It's a recipe for disaster. I know a civil engineer that refused to work on that project because of those issues.

Old 03-16-2011, 01:49 AM

166 posts, read 397,471 times
I looked at River Park once. The price is attractive, the HOA fee was ok. I wasn't impressed with the surrounding areas and the Mello-Roos made me walked so fast and never looked back.

Old 03-16-2011, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
One of my brothers was living there when they were first built. He liked the idea that he was the first ever person to live in the unit that he rented. At the time and because they were trying to fill them he had a sweet deal on a 1 bed 1 bath with a garage. The place comes with Washer Dryer in a nice little closet area in the unit. Stainless appliances including a refrigerator, stove, trash compactor, and a microwave. When his lease was up they had sent him a notice informing him that the rent would be going up a couple hundred and he would need to pay additional for the garage.

The complex is top notch at least compared to what I am used to. They have plenty of amenities within the complex, including dry cleaning, a fitness center, a Jacuzi that looked larger than some pools, a club house, and on the weekends they would show movies out doors in the summer time.
that sounds really great. the place is no doubt nice but its like paying a mortgage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psufan35 View Post
You do not want to live in Riverparks. On the flood plain for the Santa Clara River on some of the most unstable ground of the county. It's a recipe for disaster. I know a civil engineer that refused to work on that project because of those issues.
too late, damn I already live here and been here 3 years. It's all a personal preference if you ask me. I grew up in the state of Tennessee and have lived in a floodplain my whole life so it might be second nature to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr7 View Post
I looked at River Park once. The price is attractive, the HOA fee was ok. I wasn't impressed with the surrounding areas and the Mello-Roos made me walked so fast and never looked back.
lol, Mello roos are what they are but I guess I am used to it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County