U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 09:26 AM

1,622 posts, read 1,445,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbatca View Post
I've heard that REI was supposed to move to Riverpark, Oxnard in 2009. When will REI open?
I've heard that REI was supposed to move to Riverpark, Oxnard in 2010[1]. Does anyone (really) know when (if ever) will REI open? Thanks!

[1] According to the calendar, it is now Jan. 9, 2013 and I still see REI coming when I went to Panera in Oxnard a couple of weeks ago...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2013, 06:31 PM

1,552 posts, read 3,306,703 times
I saw the big REI sign this past weekend when I was eating at Kabuki...

Old 01-18-2013, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKLO View Post
Well we'll see what happens. I like REI, but not enough to drive to Northridge to get there.

Old 03-27-2013, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKLO View Post
REI is now open in Oxnard! Finally (after 4 years)!

Old 04-21-2013, 07:39 PM

REI is open and Whole Foods is slated to open in June. The other restaurants will be open soon.

Old 04-22-2013, 11:12 AM

14,848 posts, read 23,651,247 times
Funny that entire area is starting to take off, and no I am not just talking the Collection. Including the Collection though, and the Esplenade, and the future Wagon Wheel Development the North tip of Oxnard is going to be looking very for the forseable future. Keep your eyes on the Wagon Wheel area as well.

Old 04-23-2013, 11:48 PM

The place is growing, expanding which is good. I am just waiting for Whole Paycheck to open..lol

Old 07-23-2013, 07:56 PM

5 posts, read 5,217 times
Most of what's stated above is OPINION. But check this very website, City-Data.com, for DATA and STATISTICS for any place in the USA. Data is not biased or racist, just objective. I compared Camarillo, Encino, West Hollywood, and Oxnard - all areas where I am very familiar. Oxnard has by far the highest percentage of Hispanics, the lowest level of education, the lowest level of income and the highest level of non-English speaking residents. - Interestingly, perhaps, Camarillo has the second highest level of Hispanics BUT most of them speak English at home! This means that as the Hispanics of Oxnard become educated and wealthier, they themselves relocate from much of Oxnard to Camarillo! In this case, the facts speak for themselves. After all, anyone's personal OPINION is extremely limited. For example, one can live in South Central Los Angeles (or Detroit, for that matter) for a lifetime and never experience any crime - but what is the statistical probability? And as for the "wannabe little white kids from Camarillo trying to be gangbangers," that another poster mentioned, this is true. But the ten of them would get their skulls quickly cracked open if they left their neighborhood and ventured into the more "authentic" Oxnard barrios. Are there nice areas of Oxnard? YES! But housing affordability becomes a major issue there. As others have pointed out, Mandalay Bay is double and triple the price of homes just 200 feet away but east of Victoria Avenue. And Port Hueneme? Really? Yes, gorgeous beaches (!) - but also home to the mostly young, uneducated military members, crowding their young families into cramped condos and apartments. Again, are some nice "blocks" there? Yes, mostly owned by the older military officers. -- So, if you're a gay, educated and young professional, West Hollywood is great. If you're an upscale (especially) Persian or Israeli family, Encino (if you don't mind the summer heat) is perfect. If you're an upper middle class, educated couple with kids, of any ethnicity, and you desire a near perfect climate, no traffic and great infrastructure, then Camarillo is ideal. If you must be on the beach and want to buy in for a quarter the price of nearby Malibu, then the Oxnard shores are an awesome value. If you are a young Hispanic who is upwardly mobile, then River Park in Oxnard is a good bet. -- Learn to interpret statistics and do your research! The answers are available. Blessing to all.

Old 07-24-2013, 04:13 AM

166 posts, read 398,103 times
People are going to live where they feel comfortable and based on their affordability index.

Last edited by 24hr7; 07-24-2013 at 04:25 AM..

Old 09-12-2013, 05:04 AM

6 posts, read 10,834 times
My family have settled for half a year now in River Park, and most of our neighbors are Caucasian. There is a sizable amount of hispanic families, but I would say they are one of the minorities in this growing community; that includes Asians and Islanders. Very quiet place. Excited about the collection. H&M should be opening up in a couple of weeks. The building is pretty much done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County