Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2013, 06:30 PM

25 posts, read 77,473 times

Advertisements

I am considering purchasing a condo in the La Goleta Condo community in Goleta, CA and would be interested in feedback from those who have in the past or currently live there. The condo I'm interested in is 31 Dearborn Pl #28, which is literally next to the train tracks.

Here is what I'm interested in learning:
-Are the condos and community well maintained? I understand the roof, plumbing and electrical is old, do you know what the plans are for this?
-How often do the trains pass (I have Amtrak info, wondering about freight)
-Are the neighbors noisy in that part of the property
-Any issues with vandalism/break-ins
-What is the charge for the washer/dryers? Are vacant machines hard to come by in the evenings and on the weekends?

Thank you!

Please no derogatory comments or rantings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2013, 06:36 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times
Have you physically visited the place? If you have, then I would think you would be able to answer just about all your questions.

My "gut feel" is the neighborhood is fine. It is right next to two freeways and the train tracks like you already know.

I am somewhat familiar with that neighborhood having attended UCSB and having worked at Raytheon up the street.

Old 04-15-2013, 11:15 AM

112 posts, read 130,346 times
Are they the condos at the end of Dearborn? We lived in those when I was in college.

Old 04-24-2013, 01:37 PM

7 posts, read 21,690 times
I wouldn't want to live there, it's right next to the freeway (noise), and too close to old town (undesirable area).

Old 05-10-2013, 05:40 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,402,599 times
I had a friend who lived there but it was years ago. I do recall the freeway noise. RE: near old town - it is what it is. The diversity is actually a bit of excitement versus the usual blandness of most of Goleta. Great spot for having a bike and walking places, so much is accessible within a small radius.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County