Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2014, 11:53 PM

8 posts, read 15,755 times

Advertisements

Sorry if that has been asked, I searched around and couldn't find much. Its a very good possibility I will be relocating for work to oxnard and found a great house for a decent price in the seabreeze community. I was wondering how safe it is ? I have 2 young kids and would like to raise them in a safe area. My work will be pretty close to the area so Im hoping its family oriented and has shopping around etc. Any info will be greatly appreciated .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2014, 08:30 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,235,039 times
I have lived here my entire life and have no clue where that would be located. I live on the North Side. Maybe you could offer cross streets, zip code, or something to help locate it. Realize that most of Oxnard is safe compared to the State and the Nation. Some places are not so blessed.

Old 09-12-2014, 11:09 AM

233 posts, read 377,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
I have lived here my entire life and have no clue where that would be located. I live on the North Side. Maybe you could offer cross streets, zip code, or something to help locate it. Realize that most of Oxnard is safe compared to the State and the Nation. Some places are not so blessed.

Seabreeze North is one of those gated communities in the East Village neighborhood.

Old 09-12-2014, 01:33 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,235,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OxnardNative View Post
Seabreeze North is one of those gated communities in the East Village neighborhood.
Oh, OK. I know the East Village Neighborhood. OK, So you are South of Gonzales, West of Rice, East of Rose. For Oxnard it would be considered a newer neighborhood. The "Big" shopping area will be at the Rose Gonzales area. East Village has smaller lots, not that that is a bad thing to have. Just have to figure you have a lot of homes in a compact area. But they are all built in the 2000's meaning more modern floor plans, items within the home. I say that because my home was built in 1962 and we are having to replace a lot of things.

Rio Rosales school would be your school and it does not get the highest marks. What I have found though is that if you as a parent are involved with your kids education they will have a better shot at succeeding in school. That is a K - 5th grade school. 6th - 8th would be at the Rio Del Valle Middle School north of the 101 on Rose. This is also a low performing school where once again stay involved with your kid and help them out. Up until last year East Village kids attended Pacifica High School on Gonzales Road. The Oxnard High School District changed that for this year, shifting incoming Freshmen to Rio Mesa High School. Currently the area has Sophomore - Senior High School students attending Pacifica and the incoming Freshmen attending Rio Mesa.

As far as safe. I have no problem with the area.

Old 09-12-2014, 03:02 PM

168 posts, read 547,326 times
I live in South Seabreeze which is the same community as North Seabreeze divided by Latigo Street. Both communities are under Lordon Management. North Seabreeze has less homes than South Seabreez but everything else is the same.

Anyway, I moved here about 5 years ago and also asked other members on this forum and everyone had positive answers. I really like it here, very quiet, secluded because of the North East corner of the city, no issues at all, not with neighbors or any crime issues. It is also patrolled by a security company. The neighborhood is very family oriented, you will see little kids out and play all the time. I know that there are a lot of little kids around because every Halloween I pass out at least 2-3 large Costco candy bags. There are playgrounds with half basket ball courts within the gates. Parking for guests can be challenging at times if you don't have a driveway, there is always parking on the street so it is not the end of the world. The area is also very secluded and isolated from the rest of Oxnard, you don't really experience traffic or anything because the community sits right off the edge of the city which is also very convenient to go shopping in Camarillo off Las Posas.

I researched the crime data on the police web site dated back 5 years before purchase and found this area to be safe. I grew up in Thousand Oaks which is one of the safest city in the country so safety was definitely my concern. Anyway I have never heard of any issues in the last five years other than the HOA would send letters warn people about not leaving their garage opened over night due to some theft issues.

The East Village of Oxnard is different than many parts of Oxnard. Oxnard reminds me of San Fernando Valley in a sense that it has so many different neighborhoods with different socioeconomic status. The demographic is about 1/3 White, about 1/3 Asian and 1/3 Hispanics. Solid middle class level household income. Here is the East Village statistic:

http://www.city-data.com/neighborhoo...Oxnard-CA.html

If you have any specific questions please feel free to ask away.

Last edited by 24hr7; 09-12-2014 at 03:14 PM..

Old 09-13-2014, 11:52 AM

8 posts, read 15,755 times
Wow thank you everyone for such helpful information, it really is a scary thing to just pick up and move and "hope" that you end up in a safe environment . It sounds like this area really may work out for us, I will still look around thousand oaks as well, the drive will just be a bit further but thats ok with me. I don't really mind the houses being to close as were in a neighborhood somewhat similar right now. And I love the fact that kids are always outside playing because thats what we love to do as well.

Old 09-15-2014, 01:12 PM

14 posts, read 29,057 times
We live in Seabreeze and really like it. I was surprised at how quiet it is, even though the homes are close together. The location is great - close to shopping and the freeways. The HOAs are relatively inexpensive ($76 per month) and with a management company overseeing the neighborhoods it helps keep it a little nicer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County