Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2015, 08:27 PM

22 posts, read 30,418 times

Advertisements

We currently live in central CA but the schools here suck. So the main reason we are considering moving is for my daughter's education - we want a place that has top rank public schools, so we thought about Camarillo. According to greatschools.org, it has a few grade schools (k-8) scored above 9. The high school's score s 8, but by that time we might move her to private school or consider moving to Thousand Oaks...How is the overall school system in Camarillo? Is it a family friendly place? Is there great private high schools there? Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2015, 09:39 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,034,390 times
To my knowledge, there are no private high schools in Camarillo.

In Thousand Oaks, there is Hillcrest Christian, La Reina Catholic (all girls), Pinecrest, and Oaks Christian (technically in Westlake Village). But the public high schools in the area are excellent: Thousand Oaks High, Westlake High, Oak Park High.

Old 12-04-2015, 10:37 PM

5,151 posts, read 4,524,286 times
My sister raised her family in Camarillo & was also a school district employee. Her kids went to Camarillo public schools K-12 & then proceeded to college. They went to Adolfo Camarillo HS, but it's been a few years. It seems like most CA public schools suck now, but there are still small pockets like Camarillo.

And, there is the benefit of CSU Channel Islands being nearby.

Old 12-05-2015, 09:39 PM

40 posts, read 71,205 times
Thousand Oak sounds great but due to distance to work the furtherest we can go is Camarillo. It sounds to me that In terms of schools and family friendliness, Camarillo surpasses places like Ventura, Oxnard, etc.. Any insights on Camarillo public schools is appreciated.

Old 12-08-2015, 10:45 AM

126 posts, read 219,261 times
I've lived in Camarillo (Mission Oaks section) for 7 years and my sons went to Tierra Linda elementary and Las Colinas middle school, and both schools were excellent. We now live in Oxnard (River Park section), and to be honest River Park is basically a new version of Mission Oaks to me. The family friendly, kid friendly, dog friendly atmosphere is definitely here. There are now two schools, one elementary and one middle school, located inside of the River Park community, and based on what other parents have said; they love the schools!

My sons who attended school in Camarillo are now out of school, so I don't have any direct experience with the schools in River Park, but parents who live in River Park have all been delighted with the schools' programs, teachers and culture. Plus, River Park has Whole Foods, tons of shopping, 24 Hour Fitness, a movie theater, plenty of parks, tons of restaurants, and a comedy dine-in club opening up soon, with a host of other attractions coming up.

My family loves living here, and the demographics match the same demographics as Camarillo (Mission Oaks).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County