Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2008, 09:39 PM

22 posts, read 80,483 times

Advertisements

We just moved into TO. CA a month ago.
I am trying to find a good place for sea fishing with my family.
Could you tell me where I can go sea fishing nearby without getting a license ?

Thanks
Young
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2008, 01:29 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,330,688 times
Deep sea or from a pier? You have many choices in the Oxnard, Ventura, or Port Hueneme area. All have boats that go out for multi day trips, day trips, 3/4 day trips or half day trips. Their is some great fishing around the islands and up and down the coast. Most of the boats will take you to where the fish are feeding as best as they can anyway. You can get a day pass or pay a little more to get the yearly fishing license. Most of the sporting good stores sell them, and I think that you can also get them at the deep sea fishing service providers.

I am not sure what the laws are for fishing from the pier in Hueneme or Ventura. I seem to doubt that anyone has a license. I remember as a kid we never did, but then kids under 12 I think don't have to have one in the state. You can also drive to the end of Hollywood beach and fish near the entrance to the harbor. There is a place to park your car and places to have a little picnic while you put your line in the water. I like that area to have lunch from time to time. Nice place to just sit for a while when I want to escape for a while. To get there take the 101 North to the Victoria exit south. About 6 miles in you will get to the Channell Islands Road. Head west on Channell Islands Road and when you get over the bridge take a left at the light into Hollywood beach. Stay on that road till it banks to the left and then follows a circular path to the harbor entrance. That is where you will find the little park and picnic area.

I grew up in the city of Port Hueneme. Spent a lot of time hanging out at the beach and fishing from the pier. Was a lot bigger back then, as a chunk of it broke apart some years back in a storm. Also we never paid to park back then and now they charge you to park. That may be something that people in Los Angeles are used to, but we weren't used to that in this area. They have charged for the parking for the past dozen or so years and I still hate that. To get to the Hueneme beach take the 101 North bound, (although you are really heading west) to Oxnard. Take the Ventura Road exit and head back under the freeway staying on Ventura Road. You will wind around past the Marriot and the Dallas Cowboys training facility and head south on Ventura Road untill you hit the entrance to the beach about ten miles from the freeway exit.

Old 03-23-2008, 10:59 PM

22 posts, read 80,483 times
Thank you so much for your information. I definitely want to try your reco this week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County