Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2020, 10:46 AM

4,315 posts, read 6,277,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wac_432 View Post

What I am convinced of is that those who would party on the beach will just go party at home, indoors if it's hot (which it has been inland), so closing the beaches to everyone is counterproductive if you want to slow the spread of the virus.
Which is why people need to report on their neighbors when they see people violating social distancing orders. This type of reckless behavior is making it worse for everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2020, 10:55 AM

4,169 posts, read 2,139,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post
Which is why people need to report on their neighbors when they see people violating social distancing orders. This type of reckless behavior is making it worse for everyone.
Good luck with that, government will not tel me with who to get together

Old 07-07-2020, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
Good luck with that, government will not tel me with who to get together
Your reckless behavior is putting us in a place where we'll have no choice.

Old 07-07-2020, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Your reckless behavior is putting us in a place where we'll have no choice.
Again government can do all the talk that they want but reality is many of us will just ignore the government. As soon as bars reopened, they were packed. Do you honestly think people will do what government tell them to do?

Old 07-07-2020, 12:52 PM

3,149 posts, read 2,695,105 times
Quote:
That's ridiculous. There aren't enough Karens in the world to tattle on the scale you're talking about.

Report to whom? We can't even track/trace. You think there's some sort of COVID gestapo out there you can report to, who will come running with tickets in hand? The police can barely keep protesters and counter-protesters from tearing each other's throats out. Nobody cares about the party next door.

Old 07-07-2020, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
Again government can do all the talk that they want but reality is many of us will just ignore the government. As soon as bars reopened, they were packed. Do you honestly think people will do what government tell them to do?
Well, you could be arrested if you continue to ignore government mandates. Its voluntary now but if cases continue to spike and we run out of ICU space in the hospital, this is what will happen.

Old 07-07-2020, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wac_432 View Post
That's ridiculous. There aren't enough Karens in the world to tattle on the scale you're talking about.

Report to whom? We can't even track/trace. You think there's some sort of COVID gestapo out there you can report to, who will come running with tickets in hand? The police can barely keep protesters and counter-protesters from tearing each other's throats out. Nobody cares about the party next door.
Actually, there are plenty of reports. I see the police log in my town and they're often breaking up parties and other gatherings where people aren't following mandates.

Old 07-07-2020, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Well, you could be arrested if you continue to ignore government mandates. Its voluntary now but if cases continue to spike and we run out of ICU space in the hospital, this is what will happen.
If you think BLM protest was bad, wait till you see what happens if government tries to enforce their emergency mandate rules. No it will never happen as public will not stand for it.

Old 07-07-2020, 03:38 PM

3,149 posts, read 2,695,105 times
Quote:
Actually, there are plenty of reports. I see the police log in my town and they're often breaking up parties and other gatherings where people aren't following mandates.
I don't believe you. Sounds like you read some police scanner website and equated 4th of July fireworks/noise complaints to enforcing social distancing. Have any actual proof?

Old 07-08-2020, 11:59 AM

6,354 posts, read 7,759,280 times
[mod note] Just a friendly reminder. No national or partisan politics in the Ventura forum.

And, please stop bickering. I loved my twenty years of living in Ventura County. It was "fresh" and "exciting/dynamic", (compared to Los Angeles County, where I worked). The Ventura forum on City-Data has been the same way. No drama. Please, let's keep it that way. It has been a delight so far. Don't let our forum degrade into what most of the other ones have become. [/mod note]

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County